2017 Golden Lion Awards

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums The Golden Lions Awards! 2017 Golden Lion Awards

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    rodgerrodger
    Participant

But hold on just a minute….When do we eat??

cricketcricket
    Participant

Yeah, hey…gettin’ hungry here…got any virtual pork rinds or something?

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Haha sorry, the BGD Golden Lion awards ceremony was on a shoestring budget this year. No food, and we had to clear out by 6:30 PM to make way for a Woodmen of the World banquet. Next year, however, we rent the whole room and include the chocolate fountain!

cricketcricket
    Participant

Anything chocolate sounds pretty good to me.  Those Woodnen of the World have a lodge down the road from here…we never heard of it before and don’t know what it is they do, but we see them in there st night, standing together like when people sing in a church house.  We never could figure out what they do…it’s a very small building, but we see them in there when we drive by at night. I’ll tell them we need the entire building next time!  If there’s gonna be chocolate, we need lotsa space!

rodgerrodger
    Participant

A ‘Banquet’ on a shoestring?  I can relate to that somehow..

Oh well , at least you weren’t stuck with having to do the dishes.

Never hear of those W.o W., but out in Portland they have a place called Ferrels Ice Cream Parlor.  It’s bigger than a really big restaurant, and they serve a treat called the ‘Portland Zoo’.    If you’re with a gang and order a Portland Zoo, it comes to your table balanced on a stretcher carried by 4 waiters.  They run crazily all over the entire joint carrying this huge tub of like exotic banana split and singing crazy & hollering.  After they get the attention & annoyance of the entire crowd they come to your table & ask what the occasion is and then sing an appropriate song in 4 part harmony.

I was there when I was asked to make the trip to be in the wedding of my best friend from college days.  But as our luck would have it, by the time we found the place, it had just locked it’s doors.  We could look inside and watch the going’s on.  We finally got a waiters attention and convinced him to deliver a Portland Zoo to the bachelor party out in the parking lot.  So they came out and ran around the parking lot and we ate our Portland Zoo setting in the car.  They sang “So Long it’s Been Good to Know You”. (In honor of the wedding..)

Just no way you could ever make this stuff up.

cricketcricket
    Participant

That’s a really crazy story.  Sounds kinda like an experience everybody oughta have once in their life…lol.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Haha this reminds me of a place that serves two gallons of ice cream and banana split toppings. It’s called the “kitchen sink” and they actually bring it to your table in a kitchen sink. That would be a nice thing to have on each table at next year’s Golden Lion awards. I’ll check the restore for deals on sinks.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Somebody was telling me the other day they went into an ice cream shop and ordered a banana split, and the kids working in there had no idea what it was, how to go about making one, it what to charge. We were laughing that it must be a baby boomer thing, not a millennial thing. I make them at home for a special treat, but not often, and just for Mike and me. My daughter never could have anything like that because she’s allergic to milk proteins.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

LOL sounds like someone else thought L’Arte del Gelato was an ice cream shop. Why are they always from Kentucky?

None of that high-falootin’ stuff here, though. At the next BGD Golden Lion Awards, I promise to have all-you-can-eat, build-your-own banana splits and deep-fried snickers bars galore!

lucy pevensielucy pevensie
    Participant

Oh, what fun!  Congratulations and great job, Kaeleigh and everyone who got awards – and thank you again, Dr. Cockman, for a wonderful site!

cricketcricket
    Participant

The thought of a deep fried Snickers will always bring me back!

rodgerrodger
    Participant

Deep fried Snickers Bar?? Fried in what, pray tell??

cricketcricket
    Participant

Who cares, as long as there’s a snickers bar somewhere in all that greasy mess!

rodgerrodger
    Participant

Well, …OK…I guess? (Maybe)

Second thought I think I’ll dig out a box of chocolate ice cream & put some whipped cream on it, now that my flapjacks & ham has settled a little…actually that will be after my carrot pie  with whipped cream…

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

It’s easy! Just coat the snickers bar in pancake batter, fry in cooking oil, then sprinkle on the powdered sugar! These little appetizers will be all the rage at next year’s awards.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Deep-Fried-Snickers-Bar

fiddlewoodfiddlewood
    Participant

How cool! Congrats to all!

cricketcricket
    Participant

The whipped cream sounds great…just don’t let our chihuahuas hear the sound of the canned stuff…they come runnng and demand their fair squirt to the snout.

nagumaqnagumaq
    Participant

Yayyyyyyy ! I mean , YEEEEEEEhaw ! I got the box in the real mail today , I am so happy , now , I have a Geek friend , she doesnt mind me calling her that , Janine , she will get me built a new computer just for music and Band in a Box .

Merci encore , thank you again , and again , most righteous Bluegrassdaddy.com  , John your the best :O)

cricketcricket
    Participant

You’re gonna have so much fun, Gu!

fran hfran h
    Participant

Deep fried snickers are my all time favorite at the fair.  A few pointers. . .freeze the snickers before coating it in batter. . .and wrapping them in crescent rolls or biscuit dough is a lot less messy (I learned from experimentation)  a little butter on them when they come out of the grease and roll in powdered sugar yum yum  And I also use the mini-snickers bars. . .much easier handling and because they are small you can eat more of them

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.