2017 Golden Lion Awards

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums The Golden Lions Awards! 2017 Golden Lion Awards

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    cricketcricket
    Participant

Omg…that sounds so good…I can feel myself gaining weight already…lol.  Mine would have to be gluten free, but I’m sure that’d be no problem these days since gf is everywhere…I think you can even buy canned gf biscuits now.

nagumaqnagumaq
    Participant

Deep fried snickers ! WOW ! This is reality !?! Thanks for the recipe Fran . I thought John was making a good joke , but this is for real , never had one , going to the store now. :O)

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

One at a time, though! These are a southern U.S. treat, and probably the reason for our obesity epidemic. That’s why I rented the extra-strength steel folding chairs for the BGD Golden Lions awards ceremony.

fiddler51fiddler51
    Participant

Congrats to all!!!!! EXCELLENT!!!!!!

cricketcricket
    Participant

Oh no…was that extra-duty chairs we were sitting on?  Well, I plan to give up Snickers entirely one of these days (fingers crossed behind back).

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

I really am going to try Fran’s snickers recipe soon.

Hi Fiddler51, everyone was so deserving! We have had a lot of fun with Scott’s “Golden Lion” awards show.

nagumaqnagumaq
    Participant

A lot of fun ? LOADS , I MEAN TUNS , INFINITE fun MOMENTS ! I don’t know how to express myself fully . It s hard to put into words . I cry and learn and laugh and just can’t get enough of Biabox ! It s almost like it s too much ! Just figuring how to get the real tracks to play and then like I jammed along 130 songs today ! Holy moly ! I m so blessed to have the time t do this . Just figured out how to record on top of tracks ! My mike is working fine , however , I m going to need tutoring and or have a go at a t and over and over everyday till I get a clean sound . So far , I plug my guitar , mandolin and violin and new mike( made by Shure) through an Rc – 300 loop station by boss that I rented to try out before purchasing , I run that through my new amp ! ( Trainor acoustic custom )and line out to my mac (used but new)using BIAB (which is also new). I do have a mixer and want to try that too . I have a friend coming over to look over all the options . The recordings are ok so far , but have a tiny buzz sound in the background . The looper itself is keeping me busy and the thinking and multi instrumentation is almost overwhelming plus some , then learning BIAb ! It s like having endless backtrack options with endless chord progressions and styles , it s driving me into learning mode that awakens and broadens my understanding of fiddle music and jazz general and theory like going to university ! Music school , mais pas à pe prêt ! Slowing down some of the awesome fiddle tracks so I can hear them and then train my ear to play them after , what a tool . I feel like I just won a million bucks !

merci Scott and John , so much more then fun , it’s , it’s …BGD.com…yeeeehaw!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by nagumaqnagumaq.
    Participant

Sounds like your having fun with it Gu. I struggle with my old version of biab to just get the right chords in where they are supposed to go to make a song for backing tracks.  You are way more advanced Gu good for you.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Gu, you are already getting more out of it than I did! I got as far as creating backing tracks. You deserve it!

nagumaqnagumaq
    Participant

Thanks again John , what a blast , my friend downloaded the box onto a mac and it works fine , seems I dont need the actual box anymore , if someone else could get use from it ? Does that make any sence , maybe there are restrictions on how many times it can be reused thoghts , just thinking …The other thing is , I m not sure how to down load bgd back tracks onto my mac , it s a whole new world , Apple is …

Great ScottGreat Scott

I am really glad to hear how much fun you are having with your BIAB.  Your excitement is very infectious, which is making me equally as excited as you.  I can’t wait to hear some of the beautiful music that you will soon be making.

Good luck with building your dedicated music computer.   🙂

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Yeas, I think you can pass it on or keep it as a backup in case your computer crashes. That is a lot of stuff to store on your hard drive! Like Great Scott, I’m glad you are having fun and I know it will boost your already-great creativity.

KaeleighKaeleigh
    Participant

I just ordered some really nice strings using my gift card. I’m super excited. I can’t wait to hear if my fiddle sounds better after the strings settle in!

Thank you for the wonderful prize!

Great ScottGreat Scott

That is great news, Kaeleigh!  I hope your new strings give you better sound and lots of joy.  Which brand of strings did you order?

cricketcricket
    Participant

Can’t wait to hear you play with your new strings!

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Congrats, Kaeleigh! I  hope they work out very well.

JustineJustine
    Participant

John, I loved seeing the Golden Lion Awards when I returned to BGD!

Belated congratulations to Honorable Mention composers Lucy, Rock, and Fiddliferous and to the Winner Gu for “Goodbye November.”

Congratulations also to Honorable Mention winners Angela, Fran, Fiddlewood, The Future Streetfiddler, Fiddliferous, Joe, Tami, Butch, and E.J. Stidham; and to the Runner-up Cricket for “Waterbound” and the Winner Kaeleigh shown playing “Tam Lin.” I am eager to look at former Lion’s Den posts to see all of you playing. I think that your willingness to share what you are learning helps us all!

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Thank you Justine! I thought it was way better than this year’s Oscars. 🙂

Great ScottGreat Scott

I am glad you enjoyed our awards ceremony, Justine.

Way better than the Oscars, John?  Better than the Oscars?

Undergoing a frontal labotomy would be way better than lowering one’s standards to watch an award ceremony by a mind-numbing bunch of out-of touch-with-reality half-witted egocentric DEPLORABLES who spend their whole life pretending to be someone else.  Something seriously damaging obviously happened in their childhoods. It seems like the mentally and artistically challenged  untalented dupes of Hollywood love stroking their own egos with those pretentious useless awards.  So much for insecurity and people who can’t and refuse to live in the real world. The Oscars: an utter waste of air, space and time.

OUR Golden Lion Awards were SO much better.  They were for REAL people, and awarded to talented members of the BGD family for being THEMSELVES and sharing their progress and their talent with all of us.  Now, THAT is what I call ‘REAL TALENT’!!!  Congratulations again to all the people who took part in our illustrious and coveted Golden Lion Awards.

The 2017 GLAs will be even bigger and better than last year!

GUARANTEED!!!!

cricketcricket
    Participant

?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.