2018 Golden Lions Awards

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums The Golden Lions Awards! 2018 Golden Lions Awards

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    cricketcricket
    Participant

I haven’t seen another site that does anything like this…it’s a great idea…where else can you get deep fried Snickers bars?  Thanks, Scott!

lucy pevensielucy pevensie
    Participant

Congratulations to everyone honored in the 2018 Golden Lion Awards!  I truly enjoyed the show (and the deep-fried Snickers were just the perfect finishing touch!).  Wonderful job, everyone.

Thank you Dr. John and Great Scott for hosting us all for the lovely evening!

I have missed being here over the last few months.  My musical studies have lately expanded beyond fiddling into classical violin, as well as playing and singing with a local choral performance group.  I hope to return to the Lion’s Den on occasion this year, if I can find the time! Ha!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by lucy pevensielucy pevensie.
    fiddlewoodfiddlewood
    Participant

Hi Lucy, good to see you posting!

That’s great you’re performing with group! Takes some work, but it’s usually always worth it.

Stop in whenever you get the chance, and keep us updated!

cricketcricket
    Participant

Lucy, hope you enjoy playing and singing in the choral group!  Sounds l8ke fun.

Participant

Congrats to everyone who won something and even more to those who submitted..  I plan to submit more this year.  I have seen great improvement amongst our members.  I only wish I had improved as much.  I so enjoy these forums and look forward to the next collaboration.  now- where do I find the Fried snickers???

Participant

Hey- did we ever publish the collaboration of Amelia’s Waltz?

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

KJ No, Amelia’s Collaboration  has not been done yet .

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

I feel really bad about Amelia’s Waltz. I have all the videos, I just have to get to work on it. 🙁

Lucy, it is great to hear from you! With all this branching out and performing, I do hope you put up some videos for us in the Lion’s Den!

KaeleighKaeleigh
    Participant

I just got my Baker’s rosin it the mail! I used it this morning and it does seem much nicer than what I’ve been using, besides, it’s a very pretty rosin and looks like a little jewel 🙂

Thank you Mr. Cockman!!! (the box it was packed in was also very pretty!)

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Kaeleigh ,That’s supposed to be the best of the best rosin , There’s a one year or more waiting list You can’t buy it without waiting till your turn comes up and if you miss the boat you loose your place and You are dropped from the list , I checked it out they are not even taking on new people on their list right now until they catch up on the people already waiting So you can’t even sign up to buy their Rosin right now , LOL

cricketcricket
    Participant

Cool, Kaeleigh…I can’t wait to hear the difference it makes.  I’m waiting anxiously for my rosin and sound post stick.  I ordered late…we were stuck in tn when the ceremony was happening…I barely got one leftover deepfriebd Snickers and cold coffee.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Kaeleigh, I hope you enjoy the rosin! It’s the best. 🙂

Here is the registration info currently on their site:

For the remainder of the 2017 production season, we are no longer accepting new members, and have temporarily disabled the registration page of our website. Because season length and production capabilities depend greatly on rainfall amounts, average temperatures, etc, at this moment we are unable to offer even an educated guess as to when we’ll be able to re-open the list, but we hope to be in a position to do so sometime next season. When we’re able to re-open the list, the registration page of our website will once again allow you to submit your information. Unfortunately, until then, all we can offer is the promise that Baker’s is worth the wait. Please note that this does NOT effect already registered members.

-The Baker family

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by John (BGD)John (BGD).
    Participant

What is so great about this rosin?  Just wondering.  What rosin does everyone use?  I am looking for a new rosin.  I know this has been discussed before but not sure where 🙁

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Johns next favorite Rosin is Andrea A Piacere violin Rosin ! Its a dark green

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Steve SraderSteve Srader.
    John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Steve is right! I love Andrea A Piacere right now. Half a cake is around $20. But Baker’s is my fav. It’s just so smooth and grippy.

However, high-end rosin is not necessary in order to sound good. But, practice is!

cricketcricket
    Participant

Oh no…I just ordered all that fancy rosin, and NOW you tell me practice is what I need…lol…at this point, 2018 has been more complicated than our usual complicated messes…so…I’m gonna be lucky to even find the time to put the rosin on the bows…but…I’m always hopeful stuff will gradually simmer down and let me get into some practice time.  I already went over my forgotten Gardenia Waltz once…I’m sure I forgot all of that again by now…we’ll, one of these days if I get some time to myself again, I’ve got several choices of fancy rosin!

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

It seems that as years go by, things do get more and more crammed and compliated. For me, at least… Hopefully our lives will someday be simpler and more carefree.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Let’s keep hoping…

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.