2021 Golden Lions Awards

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums The Golden Lions Awards! 2021 Golden Lions Awards

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Hi everyone! The Golden Lions Awards show is tonight!

We have already arrived at the venue, which was unfortunately temporarily overrun by a local biker gang who had wrongfully assumed the estabalishment was abandoned. However, all has been settled and we have received permission to hold our much-anticipated ceremonies as long as the members of said gang are allowed to partake in the hors d’oeuvres. Those of you bringing food, please plan for an addition 60-75 hungry guests.

We will do a mic check and begin seating at 8:00 PM Eastern Time, and the show will start promptly at 9:00 PM. Please make use of the floor mats near the double doors at the entrance because the parking lot is very muddy.

Tonight we honor the participants of our “Lions Den” forum! Prepare to be awed and amazed as we give out awards ranging from gift certificates from the Fiddlershop, to conferred vouchers from Pierre Holstein’s incredible violin emporium in Pompano Beach, FL. It will be a night to remember!

cricketcricket
    Participant

Gee that sounds just like what happened here locally at Rabbit Hash, KY…lol…seriously.  Lookin’ forward to tonight’s ceremonies!

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Oh boy! I’ll cook up an extra batch of mudpie guacamole snaps to go with the firebomb cheese balls. Can’t wait.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Fred that sounds great! Cricket I’ve never been to Rabbit Hash but it sounds like an awesome place. 🙂 Anyway I’m here and the club is getting kind of rowdy so I’m hoping Fred’s firebomb cheese balls will settle them a bit. I have three crock pots full of wings and drumettes, and special sause, and also a jelly roll made of gator and lion’s mane mushrooms. Let the good times roll!

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

OHHHH! Gator mushrooms! Yes!!! I haven’t had a gator mushroom in I don’t know how long!

Oh, what a party this is gonna be! Gotta find me a chair and get seated…..

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

We actually had a lot of folks voting this year, many of whom have never posted anything to the forum. I did not know there were so many interested lurkers! If you have ever watched any Bluegrass Awards Shows, you noticed that the awards seem to alyays go to the usual suspects. The Golden Lions Awards are no different. However, I want you to know that there are a suprising number fans out there, both old an new, who are enjoying the music you create!

Great ScottGreat Scott

Thank you, Fred. (popping fb cheeseball in mouth). Yes! Yes! YES!!!! Oh my, they are a little hot, aren’t they.  (Gulp). Could I have another? (pops fbcb in mouth and chews) Oh my!  These things are awesome. (swallows). HUH! HUH! HUH! (fanning mouth with hand). Talk about HOT!  What’s in these things?  (Big burp) O.M.G. Thee things are burning my throat out.  Now they’re burning my stomach out.  O, OH!  Now they’re burning my . . . .  I think I should quit while I’m ahead.  Can someone call the fire department, please.  NO, NO!  Call 911 first.  Thanks Fred. They FBCBs were awesome. I’m sure everyone else is dying to try them.   🙂 Just being polite.

Great ScottGreat Scott

Confusing.  But I’m here, with just minutes to go.  What a night!

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Glad you’re on the mend my friend. I’ll never forget when I was abducted, too. But I’ll have to wait to tell that fib, uh, I meant to say story.

Wow. This place is filling up with fans of Bluegrass Daddy! I’m so excited! Hope I’m able to stay seated. Somebody ought to tell those bikers to stop knocking over the chairs. What are they doing riding in this old abandoned building anyways? lol

cricketcricket
    Participant

Watch out, Scott…those things can explode any minute.  Um…I might just have my own snacks tonight…lol…well ok maybe just one.

cricketcricket
    Participant

I’ve got my helmet and leather jacket on.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

OK It’s time to dim the lights! Please refresh this page over the next hour to see who wins the prestigious Golden Lions!

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

I thought that was you, Peggy. I love your trike but golly it sure does raise heck with the chairs.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Great to see you again, John.  Oh my gosh, the excitemnet…gimme another firecracker snow bowl.

cricketcricket
    Participant

I always make it a point to travel on 3 wheels, Fred…move them chairs out of the aisle for me, will you?

Great ScottGreat Scott

Cricket, I reckon you look pretty HOT, mama. Love the leather. You’re making me old knees go a little wobbly. Just watch out for any ‘Biker” abductions.   🙂

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

For your enjoyment while you wait, here are links to some past awards shows. Relive the glory days in living color!

2020 Golden Lions Awards
    2019 Golden Lions Awards
    2018 Golden Lions Awards
    2017 Golden Lions Awards

cricketcricket
    Participant

It’s ok, Scott…i got secret weapons on me…saving up Kaeleigh’s firecracker cheese with a little of Fred’s guac…a little bit in their eye and they’ll think twice about messin’ with me.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Once again, our awards are courtesy of the Fiddlerman Fiddlershop in Pompano Beach, FL.

https://fiddlershop.com/

Fiddlerman has donated the prize for the brand new “People’s Choice” award, which is a $100 gift certificate to the Fiddlershop! If you are a recipient of any of tonight’s awards, here are the instructions for claiming your prize: After the awards are over, watch your email for an email from me (john@bluegrassdaddy.com). This email will contain a code for your gift certificate to the Fiddlerman Fiddlershop. When you visit the Fiddlershop to make an online purchase, you will enter this as a promotional code, and the amount of the certificate will be subtracted from your order.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Wow…what a generous guy the Fiddlerman is!  He’s cool…the bikers just love him.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.