2021 Golden Lions Awards

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums The Golden Lions Awards! 2021 Golden Lions Awards

Viewing 13 posts - 101 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    cricketcricket
    Participant

oh gosh, thanks…thanks John and everybody.

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Congrats to everyone. Thank goodness all my treats I brought were eaten (some were run over by maniacs on bikes) but at least I don’t have to carry anything back home with me. Wow, what a party. I’m getting a little too old for this kind of behavior. Well, see y’all next year. Think of something good to bring to eat. 😉

Great ScottGreat Scott

Angela, WasssssUppppp?  So glad you made it.  It’s an awesome night.  And the bikers are really cool.  They even let me start their drag race up the main strip in front of the old mental asylum building that we hired for tonight’s venue.  I stayed here a lot shortly after my diagnosis; so I kind of know the place like the inside of my brain.  🙂

Great ScottGreat Scott

O.M.G!  Cricket! You won!  You won, sister. You won! Yaaaaaaaay!!! Totally well deserved. Thanks so much for being a vibrant part of the BGD forums and posting such great content.  I’m sure your talents will be a boon to us all this year as they have been all other years. Now, GO SPEND THAT MONEY, GIRL!   🙂

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Great Scott, thanks again for your hard work on the forum! I am very thankful that you made this possible with your research and volunteerism. I couldn’t have done it without you!

Great ScottGreat Scott

Okay, I’m back on stage to give a shout out to a few people.

Firstly, I would like to give a big thank you to BGDaddy himself for providing such a great website for people to learn the fiddle as well as hang out and have a lot of fun.

Secondly, I wish to thank all the members who contributed their videos to the Lion’s Den in 2020.  It wasn’t an easy year for a lot of people, but you guys and gals stepped up and still posted some awesome videos.

To the recipients of the awards tonight, a big, big, BIG congratulations to you all.

To all the members — I extend my warmest thanks for being the wonderful people that you are and for your contributions, not only in the Lion’s Den forum but for sharing your interests and offering your help and advice in the other forums.

And lastly, I would like to give an extra special thank you to Fiddlerman — Pierre, for his very generous sponsoring and support of the Golden Lion awards that has been a blessing and helped these awards grow year after year. Thank you, Pierre.

This is GS signing off for another awards night. Take care, stay safe, be happy, and keep on fiddling.   🙂

Great ScottGreat Scott

Thanks John.  It has been a real hoot being part of all this and working with you.  And despite my untold number of sleepless nights working day and night on the forum as well as behind the scenes without a break whatsoever, and my shortening life expectancy, and my skyrocketing ongoing medical expenses for my psychiatrist and medication, and my overnight stays in loony ward, and the permanent nervous facial twitch that makes me look like I’m winking at everyone, I have enjoyed every minute of my time here; especially tonight, which was certainly a night to remember.  🙂

KaeleighKaeleigh
    Participant

Awww! Thank you sooo much!!! I’m so grateful for all the love and support I’ve received on this forum!!! I feel blessed to be part of it!
    And congratulations to Cricket and Ed and Dave and Gunnar!!! You’re the best!
    Cricket? Frederick? I brought the snow!! Anyone here? Well, I can use it to clean the floors anyhow…..

cricketcricket
    Participant

Oh gosh, Kaeleigh…am I too late for snow by now?   Lol…congrats, all.  It’s been a fun year.  Let’s make 2021 even better!  On yer mark, get set, play them fiddles!!!!

fiddlewoodfiddlewood
    Participant

Wow, just taking a break from fiddling and thought I’d check in. Totally forgot what day it was.

Congratulations to all the participants and award winners.

To all who learned or improved on something this past year or managed to have fun on the fiddle: you are a winner in this continuing adventure!

I’m shocked and humbled at the thought I’d merit the People’s Choice award…never would have expected that…thank you so much!

Thanks to all who participated and to the hosts & sponsors.

Edmo45Edmo45
    Participant

Wow, and thank you for the Moderator’s Award. I am humbled to receive it, and to be a part of this wonderful group of Fiddling Folks. Congratulations to all the Winners, tonight!

I honestly, hadn’t really been thinking much about the Awards, this past year…I was just grateful to have my Fiddle Playing as an escape, from the daily grind and stress, that life has become, in these trying times of COVID-19. I am grateful to have this wonderful and supportive place to share our mutual love for playing the Fiddle. Blue Grass Daddy Rocks! Here’s  hoping 2021 gets better, for all of us…!

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Edmo45Edmo45.
    cricketcricket
    Participant

Music always pulls us through the tough times and helps us celebrate the good times!

Gunnar SalyerGunnar Salyer
    Participant

Hello? Heellloooo?? Where is everyone? It was supposed to be at 10am GMT righ….. oh darn. That’s a poster for the Ringling bros. Lion exhibition. How did I mess that up? Oh well, my digestive system probably couldn’t handle those fireball things anyway (nervously kicks at a blackened spot on the floor)

Congratulations to all of you who received awards, they were well deserved!

Thanks so much everyone, I am very honored to be present among such esteemed company, y’all have made this forum so fun!

Viewing 13 posts - 101 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.