3rd position-beginner tune recommendation

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums Tune-specific help and comments Request a Lesson! 3rd position-beginner tune recommendation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi John,

Hope all is well.   Is there a good 3rd position tune in the sheet music or lesson list you can recommend?

Would Kenny Baker’s Ashland breakdown be a good tune to start with.  Always wanted to learn this tune.

thanks, Bill

Participant

I would also be interested to find a good example tune to start practicing in the 3rd position.

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Hi Fiddle Bill and Hakan: “Ashland Breakdown” is a fine example of a tune with a 3rd position part in it, in my humble opinion. Good luck. It’s a fun tune to fiddle. Also, “Grassy Fiddle Blues”.

Participant

Hi Frederick,

thanks for the feedback.  Do you have any sheet music you can share or fiddle tabs for the Ashland Breakdown tune?

Bill

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Hi Bill: Unfortunately, I do not have any written material on Ashland Breakdown. One used to be able to go to DonalBaylor.com and get all kinds of sheet music for Kenny Baker tunes but I’ve tried different ways this evening and it sure looks like the site has been shut down.

I learned it from listening over and over to the record. The way I play it is the first two parts go from C to A minor, then the next two parts go from C to F; and the third part stays in C all the way through.

I’ll keep searching but I can’t promise anything.

Participant

Thanks Frederick

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.