5 1/2 week old foster puppy

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? 5 1/2 week old foster puppy

This topic contains 23 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by cricket cricket 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    cricket
    cricket
    Participant

She’ll be going up for adoption in three weeks.  So will her mommy…they are such cute, nice, smart doggies…gonna be very sad to send them off.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

More of Peanut…we don’t have very good photos of her mommy yet…she’s camera shy and so we’ll have to sneak them on the sly…lol.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Unbelievably cute!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

I wish we could keep her, and the mommy too.  These guys are too small for my daughter’s dogs and cats, so they’ve spent most of their time at our house, which we now call the Chihuahua Resort.  We love them both so much and don’t know how we’re gonna give them up…gonna be a bad time.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

It Could be worse Cricket , You could be a foster parents like John family with a little baby ! Sad , By the way John how is that baby , is it still in the family ???

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

My daughter tried for that…they didn’t approve of her house…we live next door to each other and I guess our expectations are lower than people who have always lived in this area…her house was too shabby and they wouldn’t let her take in a child.  Our house is the same…we came from poverty and we’re proud of our little houses, but we really donlt fit in the socio economic status of anybody beyond drug addicts and stuff…lol, yet where we came from these houses would be considered very nice.   thats why our neighbors are all drug addicts and such.  Anyway, we just seem to be satisfied with simpler taste…I never dreamed we would ever own a house like ours…same with my daughter and family…but it’s not fancy enough for the people up here.  She wanted to foster a child and possibly adopt, because she has just the one.  Anyway, the dog foster people were glad for her to come on board…she’s stayed very busy with the homeless doggies.  I’d love to take in these two…but…we have two crazy Chihuahuas already…could get expensive taking care of all their medical needs, etc.  I already love both of these dogs…we all do.  They very easily could become part of our little part human-part dog family we have here…lol.  I’m sure it would be incredibly difficult to work with children in that situation.  I used to tutor and cook for kids in a big foster home on a goat farm down in SE KY, run by nuns.  I cried a lot, believe me.  Sad situations.  Most of them were temporary…I knew of only one who was up for adoption.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Steve, the little baby has just gone back to her parents! We are happy that they are working hard at getting etheir lives back together. Thank you for asking! We miss her a lot.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

I am glad the Parents are stepping up lets , Pray it holds for the Baby’s sake !

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Hope it works out best for the family.

Great Scott
    Great Scott

Not mentioning names; but someone said:

“Unbelievably cute!”

Yep,  double and triple … even quadruple that unbelievable cuteness (just like P.   🙂

Cricket, I hope peanut and mom end up in a wonderful home that will love them to pieces.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Me too.  We are actually starting to think about taking Taffy, the mommy.  Our dog, Buttons, looks just like her…he’s younger and our Cricket is kinda old and grumpy, blind and not int he mood to play, etc.  Buttons has had such a good time romping with mommy Taffy…you just about can’t tell them apart.  The idea has hit us a couple of times to take her in.  Not sure…it’s a big deision because it gets pretty expensive.  I think the puppy will adopt out fast…she’s smart, cute, crazy and funny.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Mommy dog romping with our little Buttons.  They look like twins.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Aw this makes me happy. And what a cute garden!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

We’re going nuts trying to decide if we wanna take on Mommy Taffy…it would be a pretty tight budget…have to be prepared for any unexpected vet bills, fight the heartworms (heartworm is big in our area and you don’t dare ignore it), etc.  Can get expensive and we dont’ wanna commit to something we can’t manage.  But…gosh she and Buttons together make such a cute doggie team.  Poor Cricket feels a little left out, but she has always had health problems, the blindness, staggering issues, etc., never been a healthy dog…I hate to leave Cricket out of the fun, but, we are also leaving Buttons out of the fun if we don’t have a companion like Taffy…not to mention Taffy just needs a home and we’ve come to love her and her puppy Peanut so much … hard decisions!

Great Scott
    Great Scott

Naaaa!  Ditch the doggies and buy a Viola or a Concert Harp. Both have Superb longevity.  Appreciate with age.  Last for decades. Low maintenance. TONS of fun.  AND… you can be a one-woman orchestra.

Ah, decisions, decisions! I guess it will go something like this:

Eeny, meeny, miny, mo

I bought the Harp so the doggies must go!   🙂

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Well it’s true the instruments seem to need less food and medicines, etc.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Eeny, meeny, miny, mo
    I bought the Harp so the doggies must go!

LOL Great Scott. Can I get rid of my doggies like that?

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Bittersweet…someone has put the down payment on the puppy…she’ll leave in a week and a half.  We all cried…but it’s a happy thought she can go make some household a happier place and give a family her charming personality. It’s always temporary with this organization until a certain buncha stuff happens.  We’re still thinking about taking the mother chihuahua…baby is starting to look like part beagle now.  Changing every day.

Great Scott
    Great Scott

“LOL Great Scott. Can I get rid of my doggies like that?”

You can if you want a concert harp bad enough!

Any good Chinese restaurant would be only too willing to take them off your hands.  And to celebrate the purchase of your new concert harp, you can treat the whole family to a lovely meal of Sweet and Sour Pooch Pork!   🙂

Great Scott
    Great Scott

Cricket, if the puppy is changing every day then it’s definitely NOT a Chihuahua and Beagle puppy. Seems more like you got yourself a Jekyll and Hyde puppy!   🙂

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

They all go through that…known as the terrible two’s in human terms…lol.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Well it’s official now…in one week…puppy goes to her new home, and the mommy will become our newest family member.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Aw. Thank you for fostering her!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

The people adopting puppy are so excited and can’t wait to get her…so it’s heartwarming to know she’ll be so loved.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in