Any writers out there?

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Any writers out there?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Great Scott

Hi y’all, I was wondering if there are any other writers, screen-writers, playwrights here on BGD.

Frederick
    Participant

I’m guessing by “writers” you’re not talking about music writers, but rather writing words for actors. If that’s the case, I’ve never written for screen or stage. I have composed for documentaries where the film was provided and I was hired to compose background music. I’ve done several projects for film but never any writing of lines. Never had the opportunity but would have loved the challenge when I was younger.

You are a writer. Is this true?

MariaR
    Participant

I write stories, but not really scripts for stage or screen, unless, of course, you count the play I wrote in second grade. 🙂

Writing runs in my family as my grandfather has written and published a few books, my great uncle has written many books and my oldest sister is on her way to publishing her first book. One of my other sisters is going to college in the fall to study screenwriting and already has a few ideas for movies that she wants to write scripts for.

Frederick
    Participant

Oh my goodness, Maria. You have writing in your blood line. Couple that with your love of playing music and not even the sky would be your limit!

Great Scott

Thanks for your reply, Fred. Yeah, I was mainly revering to novelists, playwrights / dramatists, screen writers. I know we have a number of artists here on BGD but it seems the general ‘writers’ are few. Some call me a ‘writer’ . . . of sorts. lol! Actually, I’m ROFL!  🙂

Maria, you certainly have good DNA for writing.  So cool! I guess we can tell what career you might end up doing. I feel certain that you’ll be a huge success with whatever you do. Oh, and how did you go with your fiddle repair? I hope the damage can be easily fixed.

MariaR
    Participant

Fred, yeah, My family writes… a lot. 🙂

Scott, I don’t know exactly what I want to do, but Acting is actually one my top things I’m thinking about, but no matter what, I’m sure I’ll do writing on the side. Someone checked my violin and told me to take it in for repair if the crack gets any larger, but it was too small to really fix now. I’m looking to taking it again sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Great Scott

Hi Maria, Hopefully your violin will be easily fixed once you get it to a luthier.

So, acting is one of your top choices. WOW! That would be awesome! I wish you all the best in whatever vocation you choose.

Roger
    Participant

Maria, I fix guitars and fiddles, I have never heard of waiting for cracks to get bigger, they are far easier to repair and prevent from getting bigger when they are small.  Depending on your instrument, unless you have a very high dollar violin, you can probably repair it yourself with some wood glue and I use toothpicks to get the glue down in the cracks.  When cracks get big you have to take the body apart and start using wood to seal the cracks and it gets real expensive for that type of repair.  So if it’s an inexpensive violin, I’d recommend gluing the crack if you don’t have the money to buy a new one.  Now you have two opinions, I’m just hoping you can get back to playing soon!  God bless.

cricket
    Participant

I don’t know anything about acting or fiddle repair…lol…but best wishes on the acting opportunities, and I personally would feel better getting the fiddle crack fixed sooner rather than later.

goettjp
    Participant

I wrote a novel in a month one time.   There’s an organization called National Novel Writing Month where hundreds of thousands of people sign up to write their novels in November.   I wrote “Lottocracy”, which is on Amazon.   If you’re interested, you can read about it here:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.