Anyone have an extra bow?

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums Strings and Things Anyone have an extra bow?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gunnar SalyerGunnar Salyer
    Participant

Ok, so I need a bow. My Fiddlerman carbon bow just broke, so now I have no bow.

I was thinking, I could buy a new one, but I thought some of y’all may have a bunch that you don’t use that you wouldn’t mind parting with for a reasonable sum.

So, do any of y’all have a decent bow that you don’t use that you could sell me? If you do, please comment here or send me an email at gunnarsalyer@ gmail.com

Thanks

cricketcricket
    Participant

Maybe you can use a little super glue and then end up getting a new one if you get a  2021 Lion’s Den Award!  Is that the only bow you have?  What were you playing when it broke?

Participant

Not a super glue fix, the frog stripped so it won’t tighten. It’s my only bow, and I wasn’t playing when it broke, I was about to and it wouldn’t tension.

KaeleighKaeleigh
    Participant

I’m sorry! That happened to me a couple months ago. Try eBay- there was quite a few good ones pretty cheap. Also, fiddleman has the scratch and dent sort of seconds and they were fairly reasonable too.

Participant

I’ll shop around, just wanted to see if anyone had a spare one

fishnfiddle1fishnfiddle1
    Participant

New brass frog nut is only a dollar.

fishnfiddle1fishnfiddle1
    Participant

There is no standard threads for frogs, but a violin shop can match it up, or just ask fiddlerman to send you one.

Participant

Fiddlerman is sending me a new bow as it was under warranty. In the meantime I had stuck some copper thread through the nut as a stop gap measure.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.