Are there any other artists/painters here?

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Are there any other artists/painters here?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

That would be really neat! Would anyone else like to upload any artwork? AJ’s paintings are amazing.

Participant

Thanks John and everyone else.  I appreciate the encouragement.

I cannot do portraits yet.  Well I can do em but Im not gonna show em to anyone.  Ha.

The charcoal of the girl with the violin is excellent.

MoonShadowsMoonShadows
    Participant

I can only add my “wow” to the ones already expressed. You guys have great talent. I wish I could draw and paint, but I don’t seem to have been bitten by that bug. My mother used to draw when she was younger and took up painting with water colors after my father died. From the time she was 71 until she died when she was 101 she painted hundreds of pictures. After she died, we (the kids) took the ones we wanted to keep, and my brother organized an art sale at the nursing home she lived in the last few years of her life with all the proceeds donated to the nursing home.

cricketcricket
    Participant

That’s a nice story, Jim.  Someday the bug might just bite you too.  I bet you really cherish the work you got that your mom did.  I have one ink sketch from my grandfather…I recognize the spot along the railroad tracks that bordered the old farm.  The sketch is pretty ragged and yellowed…but I took photos…actually it’s not in my possession, but at my dad’s house.  Anyway I took photos just with my phone and always have this plan in the back of my mind to try to reproduce it one day, myself…not sure when or if I’ll ever get to it, but the idea is always there.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Jim that is really special. To start at age 71 and then have a 30-year career as a painter — that is nothing short of amazing!

Kaeleigh, you should post your art here!

CaroleCarole
    Participant

Wow! I am loving seeing everyone’s paintings. I will have to upload some of mine from my other computer.

Participant

Day 47

Attachments:
    cricketcricket
    Participant

Beautiful, AJ.

I’ve seen some of Kaeleigh’s she has put on here a few times here and there.

cricketcricket
    Participant

My daughter found a cheaper way to get a hold of some art supplies, by ordering from Amazon Warehouse.  Art can get pretty expensive…lol…like music.  Here’s her youtube review she made after her first order. https://youtu.be/Ra9pcv8VLSE

KaeleighKaeleigh
    Participant

Here’s a Graphite Portrait of my niece I did a while back (hopefully it uploads)

KaeleighKaeleigh
    Participant

Rats! That didn’t work….

cricketcricket
    Participant

Ugh…hope you’ll try again when you can…would love to see it.  Although I can’t keep up with this board anymore because I can’t tell which topics have new posts in them…they all say last posts were months or weeks or sometimes days ago, yet if I click on them they’re newer.  It’s hard to know where to go to find recent conversations…so…well, I’d love to see your work, Kaeleigh…I remember your other things you shared and they were really nice.

KaeleighKaeleigh
    Participant

The page say maximum upload size is 5 mb maybe that’s why I can’t upload….

cricketcricket
    Participant

Oh…I don’t even understand what that means…lol.

KaeleighKaeleigh
    Participant

KaeleighKaeleigh
    Participant

Yay! I got it to work 🙂
    The above is from last years’ fair. It wasn’t actually the junior show, they just mis-ribboned me!!

KaeleighKaeleigh
    Participant

KaeleighKaeleigh
    Participant

Participant

Hi Everyone.  I finished my painting.  55 days.  Don’t know how many hours, but many.  Signing this was one of the best moments of my life.

It is 48×36 inches.  I will have a website up next week where it will be for sale.  Prints will also be available.  It still needs to be glazed and varnished, which will change the look slightly, darker shadows, brighter highlights.

God is good, and all gifts come from Him.  I’m grateful, joyful, and dedicated to doing what I believe He wants me to do.

Gunnar SalyerGunnar Salyer
    Participant

Wow all of those are amazing!!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.