Are there any other artists/painters here?

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Are there any other artists/painters here?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

AJ the finished work is amazing! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Kaeleigh, you are a great illustrator! You need to write a children’s book!

Participant

Hello everyone.  It’s been a while.  I’m in the process of moving to Pennsylvania.  I have found some time to paint though.  I set up a website too.  I’m happy this community likes my work and hope to continue painting.

I’ve been taking skype lessons on the violin and it’s been going well.  This is a very difficult instrument.  She’s like a feminazi.  Do one thing wrong and she skreeches loud enough. Birds and small animals spontaneously combust.  HA.

http://www.ajrhino.com

I will have a newsletter up and running soon if you want to hear about my learning/painting process.

Love the site John.  I learned Amazing grace and I love it.  One day, I’ll play it well enough to record.

Attachments:
    Participant

This one is called Pea Pod after Bob Ross’s squirrel that he took care of.  I took the reference photo in my backyard.

Attachments:
    Participant

Day 11 on this one.

Attachments:
    cricketcricket
    Participant

Very nice paintings, AJ!

Wow you are all amazingly talented.. I paint.. but I guess you could call me an all around crafter from jewelry to polymer clay sculpting recently got into the epoxy resin.. been doing nails and nail art for 25 years.. o also crocheting and knitting.. I made rustic home decor signs for a long time that I carved stained and burned.. I also sculpted or carved wood.. ummm yeah.. soo here is one of my recent things.. but you all can find me on my social media account @mainelynailart and also @mainelyclayart I love all of your artworks they are gorgeous!!
    Coasters

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Each and every one of you people are incredible! WOW!

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Amazing! AJ, I loved the peapod tree painting.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Mandy, that is beautiful!

Great ScottGreat Scott

I have just been looking at all the wonderful artwork in this thread, and I am truly GOBSMACKED at the amazing talent of all the contributors — I should say, ARTISTS.  They are all incredible !  I love them ALL !

We may have to start a separate ‘Artists’ thread to house all these treasures, and for quick navigation to them.

Great ScottGreat Scott

I thought I would post one of my own art pieces.  This piece (a sketch) was awarded the Gold Award by the Hawaiian Institute of Surf Science (from which I have an Honors degree).

Attachments:
    cricketcricket
    Participant

Aloha!  That’s a fun scene.  Yes, isn’t is amazing how artistic our members here are!!!

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Haha that’s cool, GS

Great ScottGreat Scott

Thank you, Cricket and John.  I’ve never been confident of my artistic abilities, despite having many people tell me that I am a true savant. I’m extremely proud that #2 of the definition in the link below refers to me:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/savant

The sketch in my post above is just one of my many pieces.  They have become a sort of ‘collectors’ item’, and can be found all over the world :  from the Vatican to Sing Sing ;  from Mozambique to Minneapolis ;  from the slums of Rio to the slums of parliaments around the world — you will find them everywhere.  And I was recently approached by a well-known tissue manufacturer for them to print my works of art on their new range of toilet paper !   Now that’s what ya call ‘moving up in the world’ !    🙂

cricketcricket
    Participant

Lol.

MariaRMariaR
    Participant

Thought I’d just show a few of my drawings. 🙂

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by MariaRMariaR.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by MariaRMariaR.
    MariaRMariaR
    Participant

oops.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Mariar those are great! And don’t worry, we don’t mind seeing them twice! 🙂

Great Scott — is it true that your art has now been endorsed by Scott Toilet Tissues??? I forsee a dramatic increase in clogged toilets in the very near future!

Participant

Well.  I just took an unplanned, solo, cross country trip to the yellowstone national park.  let’s just say, I finally know what mountains really look like.  It was an unbelievable trip.  God is the greatest artist.  Here is an update on the current work in progress.  Lot’s of changes and many more to come.

Attachments:
    John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

AJ, that is incredible! I love the way the mountains in the middle distance pop into focus. The clouds are beautiful!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 73 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.