Are you washed in the blood fiddle version

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums Tune-specific help and comments Are you washed in the blood fiddle version

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Nsam19 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Nsam19
    Participant

Would any one have sheet music of a lesson/tutorial for a really bluegrass or country version of Are you washed in the blood?

Just a really nice fiddle version of Are you washed in the blood.

Or one which is similar to the break at about 1:00:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU57LERBLgU

Frederick
    Frederick
    Participant

I just looked around the web a little bit but was unable to find a good Bluegrassy version of it written out anywhere. There may be one out there, I just didn’t find a good one. I notice John here on BGD hasn’t done a lesson on this yet. Perhaps you could ask for one by him. I’ll bet anything he does a super job playing this one.

I play it in a bunch of keys but seem to like it best in the key of A on the fiddle because of the drone notes.

Nsam19
    Participant

Okay.  I’ve played in both G and A and I can drone but I can’t give it the bluegrassy sound.

What would you think of this one?

I found one:

Frederick
    Frederick
    Participant

It’s a very nice fiddle break in G. I like it.

Angela
    Participant

We play it. It’s the second song in this vid

And here’s a good pro version

They have a recording with a fiddle player

Nsam19
    Participant

Okay

Do you have any sheet music or tabs or just any advice so I could try playing it with a bluegrassy feel?

Angela
    Participant

No sheet music that I’m aware of. But if you find a fiddle break you like you can slow it down on YouTube to try to learn it by ear.  Just a slide here or there and a hammer on etc can bg it a bit

Nsam19
    Participant

I’ll try but I cant play by ear.  :(

Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

Well, it’s a good thing to learn to do

Frederick
    Frederick
    Participant

I just took a break on “Are You Washed” in the key of G and then followed it by one in the key of A. These breaks may help to give you some ideas on how you could improvise. You can always slow this video down even two speeds if necessary and get an idea. Hope it helps.

Nsam19
    Participant

Okay thank you.  I will try playing it

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.