AWARDS NIGHT CONFIRMATION

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums The Golden Lions Awards! AWARDS NIGHT CONFIRMATION

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Great ScottGreat Scott

Hi everyone!

Just a brief message to let y’all know that the Golden Lion awards will be held on:

JANUARY 26, 2021 (Tuesday) at 9PM EST

If you haven’t yet voted for the ‘People’s Choice’ award, then you still have time to cast your vote for the person whom you would like the award to go to. To do so, choose ONE person from the ‘Lion’s Den’ list and ONE person from the ‘Composer’s Corner’ list. OR you can choose just ONE name from either of the lists (that I posted as PDF’s last week in a previous post.) Click on the PDF to open it and view the complete list of member names and the tunes that they have shared with us during 2020.

Votes will be accepted until 4 PM on January 26, 2021. Send you vote to:

john@bluegrassdaddy.com

The later time ( 9PM ) is to accommodate the people from various time zones. I hope it’s a fun night as usual for everyone with some great prizes as well as some member additions to the menu in the way of unusually suspicious but great tasting dips and munchies (just don’t ask what’s in them). If you have any questions before the awards night, then please feel free to post them here in this thread.

Just a reminder: Members can not vote for themselves in the People’s Choice’ award.

I hope to see everyone there so we can all have a great time together.  Yee-HAAH!!!!

GS

cricketcricket
    Participant

Yipppeee!  I betcha I was the first to vote, so somebody oughta give me an extra helping of the…that…you know, that dip stuff…blughk!

KaeleighKaeleigh
    Participant

I’ll bring a bowl of snow to pass– that’s what there is in the way of fresh produce here right now. It’s an acquired taste, but I think everyone’ll like it 😉

cricketcricket
    Participant

Pour a little syrup on that snow and you got it made!  Are there any Canadian fiddlers attending???  Bring fresh maple syrup for Kaeleigh’s snow!

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Okay, Peggy. You asked for it….an extra helping of my “special” dip. ha ha. lol

Oh boy…maple sugar on fresh snow. Can’t beat it. I wonder how some of my dip would go with it?

cricketcricket
    Participant

Just maybe have the dip on the side, hey?

cricketcricket
    Participant

Guys, what does it say when the best thing on the menu so far is…. snow????

cricketcricket
    Participant

Well, we don’t have snow here, just mud.  We dreamed of a muddy Christmas this year…muddy New Year’s too.  Anybody care to taste a little of our mud with maple syrup???  I mean, ‘cuz I could bring a lot if y’all think it would be a popular dish…Fred’s dip on the side.  We could make a zebra bowl if we had half Kaeleigh’s snow and half my mud.

cricketcricket
    Participant

On second, or third or maybe fourth thought…might not be a good idea to show up hungry.

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Terrible accident at home. I was boiling my dip concoction in a large witch’s cauldron when a small leak took place and quickly developed into a large leak and suddenly there was no more dip. Dang it all! I was so looking forward to my fine-feathered fiddling friends trying some of it at the upcoming awards ceremony.

Now I’m forced to come up with something that goes with snow. How ’bout snow peas? Nah. Oh well, I’ve still got a day or two.

KaeleighKaeleigh
    Participant

Oh Frederick! That’s sad 🙁
    How about bringing some of our local weird foods? On the Wisconsin border, a couple minutes from me, there’s this run down little shop with a sign that says cryptically ‘gifts and firework cheese’ I’ve never been inside, so I’ve never found out what firework cheese might be, but it seems a dangerous snack, maybe I’ll bring some!

cricketcricket
    Participant

Fred, do you still have a floor in your house?

Kaeleigh…bring us some firework cheese…lol.  That actually does sound dangerous, doesn’t it?

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Nah, Peggy, when the cauldron leaked the steaming hot liquids caught fire to the stairs and stranded me halfway upstairs and halfway downstairs. I’ve just been hanging here one-armed clutching to a charred beam with one arm while typing this message out on my phone with the other. But I don’t plan on that little mishap stopping me from donating something home-cooked for the Awards Ceremony.

I’m now scheming, uh, I meant to say planning (based on a wonderful idea from Kaeleigh) on cooking some firecracker snow cheese treats for the special occasion. See ya there……….

cricketcricket
    Participant

You better get down from there or your arms will be too sore to play the fiddle!  I think we all agree that firecracker snow cheese would be a real gastronomical adventure…lol.

Great ScottGreat Scott

Sorry to hear about your little ‘accident’, Fred.  I was so looking forward to sampling your tasty home-made dip.

I’ve been very busy making a special super duper hot and tangy dip myself and providing something special for the main course (as a side to the buffet provided).  I have been up all night driving around looking for fresh road kill — the ones that the crows hadn’t got to already. So I ended up doing a mixture of animals — possums being the most numerous.  But it was really difficult finding a whole one, so I had to do a bit of fancy needlework and join several together to make whole possum that looked relatively normal and healthy.  (I’m very proud of my handy work.) I then I stuffed it with poisonous toad legs that will give it a bit of a buzz like the puffer fish, and I crammed it full of herbs and spices to disguise the taste of the rubber tires.  Right now, it’s sitting on the dashboard of my car in between the wobbling Elvis and the hula dancer — right under the fuzzy dice — as I fight my way through the traffic  to make the award’s venue on time for the presentations. For the dip I scraped the hairs off several big tarantulas, tossed in their eyes, and some horse radish, and beat the thing stupid while adding the secret ingredient. Y’all will get to enjoy eating it and at the same time, all those little eyes will be watching you enjoying yourself.  Who needs spy cameras when you’ve got all those eyes watching you.  I’m calling it my ‘Thousand Eyes Dip’.

Oh NO! I got blue flashing lights coming up fast behind me.  I’d better pull over and see if I can bribe him with some dip.  Back soon!

Great ScottGreat Scott

I really shouldn’t be telling anyone about this yet, but I just can keep it in till 9PM.  I’ll bust if I do.  I’m sure John won’t mind me spilling the beans.  I have donated a wonderful violin bow for the Moderator’s award.  It’s a pretty rare item.  The recipient of the Mod’s award will receive this fantastic newly crafted bow — one hundred percent hand-made.  The bow itself is made from dried Kangaroo tail, stiffened and made super hard by the sizzling hot sun.  The hair is luxuriously thick and is a glorious color made from green dental floss.  The tip of the bow is made from my great grandmother’s front tooth — the only one she had left.  She still looks good without it, even as she sits propped up in her favorite chair in the corner of our living room.  And the frog is, well . . . a frog; clamped tightly on the end of the bow with it’s mouth glued permanently shut.  Just twist its legs to tighten the bow. I mean, how great is that!  Why didn’t somebody think of doing this already?

I can’t wait to see the surprised look on the face of whoever receives the Mod’s award.  How proud will the be, eh? Their new bow will surely become a much-loved family heirloom and worth its weight in, well . . . dental floss.   🙂

Great ScottGreat Scott

OK, it wasn’t the cops.  When I saw the blue lights flashing, I thought I was being pulled over. I’m not sure if it’s legal to drive with a stuffed possum on your dashboard. Anyway, the blue light got closer and closer behind me, but I didn’t hear a siren.  I still pulled over.  That’s when the blue light came right up behind me, and then . . . and then . . . and THEN . . . it flew right up over the top of my car and just hovered there.  I was on a lonely back country road.  I had turned off of the highway while it was still light after a station wagon came alongside me and the kid hung his head out of the window, pointed to my dashboard and yelled back to his mother who was driving, “Elvis is alive, mama. Look, he’s moving!”  Sheesh! What are they teaching kids in school these days? Anyway, as I said, I got off of the highway onto this back road and the light hovered over the top of my car.  No other cars on the road.  Suddenly my car began to wobble and shake. Then all my  car’s electrics died. The radio shut off. My car lights died.  I tried to open the door to jump out and run but the doors were like they were welded shut.  Then my car started to rise: it was being lifted off of the ground and being pulled upward.  I somehow managed to wind down the window.  (I have handles.) I stuck my head out of the window and looked up at  the huge luminous green / blue beam of light coming from the space ship down to my car.  In the beam, I saw a sheep screaming BAAAH! and  a cow screaming MOOOOO! as they were sucked up into the craft.  It was also sucking up some of the corn and an old tractor. And a little black dog.  I started to panic. I don’t like heights.  I pulled my head back in and started to scream as I thumped the steering wheel with fear.  I stuck my head out the window again, and when I looked up, I saw a green slimy face looking back at me.  I recognized him immediately. It was Kevin, my old friend from my first alien abduction. We’d become good friends since. He saw me and yelled down, “WasssssUppppp?” I yelled back, “WasssssUppppp?” I told him I was in a mad rush to get to the GL awards. I invited him to come  along with me but he said he had a date with this super hot twelve-legged red-scaled Orilliin in the fourth galaxy.  We parted company, but good old Kevin guided me safely back to the highway.  I now have around 50 minutes to get to the venue and clear those bikers out. Oh, I tossed up a bowl of my dip for Kevin for him helping me out.  He’s got a sweet tooth.

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Scott, I declare you may have gotten into the gator schrooms a little much. Have a firebomb cheeseball and relax. I’ll be right back I’m just gonna call some friends…..

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Great Scott, please hope over to the other forum! I started a new one for the awards…

Great ScottGreat Scott

Thank you, Fred. (popping fb cheeseball in mouth). Yes! Yes! YES!!!! Oh my, they are a little hot, aren’t they.  (Gulp). Could I have another? (pops fbcb in mouth and chews) Oh my!  These things are awesome. (swallows). HUH! HUH! HUH! (fanning mouth with hand). Talk about HOT!  What’s in these things?  (Big burp) O.M.G. Thee things are burning my throat out.  Now they’re burning my stomach out.  O, OH!  Now they’re burning my . . . .  I think I should quit while I’m ahead.  Can someone call the fire department, please.  NO, NO!  Call 911 first.  Thanks Fred. They FBCBs were awesome. I’m sure everyone else is dying to try them.   🙂 Just being polite.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.