Backing tracks for John Bounds

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Backing tracks for John Bounds

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Gunnar SalyerGunnar Salyer
    Participant

Ok John, I’ve got the three tunes I know recorded, I’ll work on learning the other two later. Meantime, here’s links to the first three, they should be downloadable

https://www.banjohangout.org/myhangout/media-player/audio_player2.asp?musicid=42538&archived=

https://www.banjohangout.org/myhangout/media-player/audio_player2.asp?musicid=42537&archived=

https://www.banjohangout.org/myhangout/media-player/audio_player2.asp?musicid=42536&archived=

lets see if those links work

• This topic was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by Gunnar SalyerGunnar Salyer.
    cricketcricket
    Participant

Very nice tracks, Gunnar.

Participant

Thanks Cricket. I think I’m gonna start using them myself!

JBoundsJBounds
    Participant

Oh wow, thank you Gunnar. I love them.

When I get a little more time and after practicing with them I will record on Audacity while playing fiddle with them and post.

I appreciate what you’re doing.  It will help me alot since I don’t have pretty much anyone to play with.

So it’s cool I can play some fiddle tunes with you while you play banjo.

Participant

Great, glad you like them! I know what you mean about not having folks to play with and it’s fun playing with others, I find it more fun playing with a track someone else made cuz it’s more like actually playing with them. If there’s any others you need, I’d be happy to make more it’s fun and gives me experience playing with a metronome 😳 (in my ears)

JBoundsJBounds
    Participant

What will help me too with these backing tracks is learning to improvise a little more than I do. Get my timing a lot better.  Especially with “Clinch Mountain Backstep”

Participant

Yes! Backing tracks are great for learning improv, especially since you can easily lose an inexperienced rhythm player

KaeleighKaeleigh
    Participant

I can’t make backing tracks!!!! They drive me nuts! Very nice Gunnar!

John, I LOVE audacity!! Do you?

Participant

Thanks Kaeleigh! What’s audacity? Is it like garage band?

JBoundsJBounds
    Participant

Kaeleigh I do like it alot. Lots of things you can do with it. Although I’m not that great at recording things.  Sometimes I get a little frustrated.

Gunnar, Audacity is a free and open source digital audio editor and recording application software.

Also I have another one for you when you have time. No hurry.  I can link to someone playing it to help guide you along. It’s three people playing it.

Hog Went Through the Fence.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by JBoundsJBounds.
    Participant

Ok cool, I’ll check it out sometime.

Ok I’ll get on that as soon as I can

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.