Beginning Bluegrass Theory Video

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums General Help Forum Beginning Bluegrass Theory Video

Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Thanks, Sam. I look forward to getting back at the videos but I’ve been suffering an almost intolerable toothache for the last couple of days and can’t get into the dentist until Monday afternoon. I’ve been trying to think of different ways to take Tylenol and Motrin. Perhaps I could melt them in my tomato soup or grind them up in my tuna fish….? lol

cricketcricket
    Participant

Sam, I’m long-winded and just full of tales to tell…lol…my husband is always telling me I’m typing too much and will wear everybody out with my long posts…I know he’s right, but it’s just hard for me to stop…just ignore all that writin’ I do…lol.  You’ll be better off.

Fred…ouch…is it swollen around the tooth?  Man, I have had some really bad toothaches and we didn’t have dental insurance or money either one…had some abscesses that did their own root canal…by calcifying over the roots…by the time I had the money saved up for the dentist they were like…well…you’ve done your own root canal…lol…which isn’t recommended…but … yeah…ugh…ouch.  My whole face would swell up with that. I know how that hurts…sorry you’re dealing with it.

But hang on…Monday’s comin’!  I hope they can fix it all up for you quick and easy!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by cricketcricket.
    FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Thanks, Peggy. I’m tougher than a boiled owl so I’ll pull (no pun intended) through. lol

rodgerrodger
    Participant

Well Fred, it looks like you’re going to put me back in school.  I thought I was done with my school days, but I guess when it comes to theory I’ll be agonizing with it when I can’t remember if I found a rope or lost my horse.

We were given a really good arpeggio exercise a couple years ago in fiddle camp, and I’ve been planning on passing it along on the forum, but being the world champion procrastinator I still haven’t got it done.  I see you can find motivation to get things done.  Maybe we need a lesson on that too.

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Thanks, Rodger. It would be nice to see/hear your arpeggio exercises. I’m sure all the folks here on the forum would agree. Have a great day. 🙂

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

I’m starting to get back to working on Part 2 now. It’s going to include the following topics: Notes and Rests and their Values; The Color and Leading Tones; Understanding Relative Minors; Understanding Major Scale Properties; Minor Scales; Flats and Sharps as Key Signatures; Tonic, Subdominant and Dominant Chords; 1st Inversion and 2nd Inversion Chords; Common Tones; and Excerpts from the Partial Series.

Should be fun…….:)

cricketcricket
    Participant

That sounds like a real handful…looking forward to lesson number two!

BeardogBeardog
    Participant

Sounds like it will need to be a rather long video to include all that! But I bet you can do it!

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Thanks Peggy and Sam. It looks as though this project will be on hold for a while.

My wife’s mother who is age 95 (96 in August) has had a heart attack and fallen, breaking an ankle in several places, having another heart attack and then a stroke. Talk about bad luck. This wonderful woman has led a beautiful life pretty much free from pain (other than giving birth a few times). She broke a hip at 94 and fully recovered! But this time it’s different. 🙁

Mary and I will be closing up this place here in Arkansas and heading to New York to be available for her and our respective families. We’ll be away approximately 6-7 weeks. We plan to stop in Tennessee on the return trip so as to see our many friends there and we’ll stay a week or ten days before returning to AR.

I will bring my tablet, but all the music notations and printers, etc will remain here. I’m not even bringing instruments as my friends have plenty that I can play when I visit them.

I’ll still be here for a few more days as we prepare to leave. And I’ll check in from time to time with my tablet.

rodgerrodger
    Participant

Pray for God’s blessing on your support there Fred.  I’m sure you’ll be a blessing….

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Thank You very much, Rodger. 🙂

BeardogBeardog
    Participant

Sorry to hear, Fred. My thoughts will be with you and your wife’s family.

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Thanks, Sam. I really appreciate that. 🙂

cricketcricket
    Participant

Oh gosh, I didn’t see this, Fred, because the board isn’t acting right for me and I can’t find discussions going on.  I’m so sorry to hear of your MIL’s difficulties.

Hoping you guys will have a safe trip and her recovery will be good and easy for her.

Keepin’ y’all in my prayers.  Take it easy on yourselves and I’m hoping for all the best.

fiddlewoodfiddlewood
    Participant

haha…let’s see how Sam’s Rule works for those huge one block-paragraph posts…hahaha

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

I’m really sorry to hear that, Fred. I hope you have safe travels.

Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.