Belated Christmas Greetings :0

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Belated Christmas Greetings :0

This topic contains 18 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  John Cockman 6 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Great Scott
    Great Scott

Hi All,

I hope everyone had a great Christmas celebration.  This is the first chance that I have had to get back on-line since my last attempt.  I posted a Christmas greeting on Rock’s thread (or so I thought I did) but was bundled very quickly out of the Internet space so that they could close for the afternoon.  I thought the greeting was posted but when returning to our camp I realized that I forgot to press the ‘Submit’ button at the bottom of the page.  Am posting this in a separate thread here  in case it gets un-noticed in the other Christmas thread.

And now, I have only a few more minutes left of time before they close again for the day.  They are on limited time here until next week; which by then we may have moved farther into pygmy territory.  So I am sorry that I can not spend longer on the forum this day to read and respond to all the posts.

Have a wonderful New Year!  Stay safe, happy and healthy; and try to be good little boys and girls — if I am allowed to use gender specifics.  P.C = pooh pooh!

GS

Rock
    Rock
    Participant

Happy New Year,  Scott and all!

fran h
    fran h
    Participant

Happy New Year Scott

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Happy New Year, Scott!

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Happy New Year, Great Scott! I’m sorry the asylum places such limitations on the computer usage. Please tell the nice young men in clean white coats that you are expecting a package from me!

Great Scott
    Great Scott

Thank you everybody for your NY wishes (that’s New Year, not New York: but I expect that New York needs as many New Year wishes that it can get).  I expect 2018 is going to be one of the most thrilling in this Earths young history; and a most exciting and interesting one for BDG.

Okay John; you caught me in a lie.  The jungles, the wild safaris, the pygmys, the cannibals, and the far out of the way places that I always talk about only exist in my fantasies.  No one could ever know what life in a lunatic asylum can do to some one; especially some one with a delicate disposition such as mine.  So I have to play ‘Pretend’ and go to exotic locations in my mind in order to keep my sanity.  The heavy doses of lithium and the tasty opiates that they force-feed me and my fellow inmates allows our imaginations to really run wild: other wise it is such a painful existence.  The pain!  Oh, the pain!!!!

I eagerly await said package (with a file).  I hope it will serve me well!   🙂

Only have time for this one post today.

Viva La Résistance”

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Happy New Year, Great Scott! I hope they unbound you from your straight jacket long enough to clap your hands as you and other patients watched the ball drop on that old black and white TV they keep in the community room. Knowing you, they probably kept you in the jacket. Oh well, I hope at least that one of the staff put one of those little blowout noisemakers up to your mouth so that you could make happy noises to ring in the new year.

Anyway, I hope that 2018 is your greatest year so far! After all, this might just be the year you break out!

Great Scott
    Great Scott

Thank you, Saint Jean!  I made LOTS of happy noises on New Year’s Eve; but not with one of those blow-out noise makers; only because I was still bound in my new canvas jacket– and there was no one to hold the noise-maker up to my mouth.  So I had the opportunity to impress every one with my original ‘happy noises’ after I ate five big servings of baked beans.  All the doctors were very impressed with my ‘airy’ rendition of ‘The Barber of Seville’, and they all concurred that I had quite an ear for the classics!

… and then one of the orderlies produced a cork and quickly put an end to my musical evening!   Ouch!!!

I have broken out already.  My face is covered in zits because of all those beans and now all the air retention.

Hope 2018 is a grand one for you.  May you attain every thing you desire; and may the Bluebird of Happiness roost on your shoulder and bless you with its messages of wisdom.   🙂

Rock
    Rock
    Participant

Sounds like you really put on a show,  blew them away!!!   Have a great 2018!!!

John Cockman
    Keymaster

He sounds like a real corker. Better get that removed before the pressure builds. You might put someone’s eye out!

If someone happened to videotape your rendition of “Barber of Seville,” please, please, PLEASE do not upload it to the Lion’s Den.

Speaking of which, it’s almost time for our annual Golden Lion’s Awards Show that you initiated last year, honoring the best of the best in the Lion’s Den forum. There has been some stiff competition this year, and I can’t wait to reveal our winners. Get your tickets now for this exclusive extravaganza, and get ready to enjoy a night of food and fine entertainment.*

*Due to budget cuts, our menu this year will simply be a large plate of dried soybeans and and some “Wild Irish Rose” in a plastic flute. However, for our intermission entertainment, Great Scott will perform Rossini’s entire opera.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Sounds like a long, long ceremony this year…is a free dentist available too…I mean, those soybeans can deliver a substantial crunch.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

NO DENTISTS!!!

I had WAY too much Christmas candy…

Rock
    Rock
    Participant

I can’t wait for the big shew!  Classic rock opera?

Great Scott
    Great Scott

Thank you, Rock!  I hope 2018 is a corker of a year for you and yours.  Best wishes!  🙂

Great Scott
    Great Scott

Okay, John; I won’t be posting a video of my rendition of “The Barber of Seville” because you kindly asked me not to; plus the fact that nobody videoed it.  However, someone DID video my rendition of “The William Tell Overture — Finale” so I will be posting that instead.  It was quite a performance; and all that fast ‘playing’ certainly takes the wind out of you.  I felt quite fatigued and deflated afterwards.   O well!  The things we performers have to do just to entertain others.

It was a BYOK evening.  (Bring your own kite.)    🙂

Rock
    Rock
    Participant

Great Scott,  anything you decide to perform will be spectacular!  But do adjust the camera better this time,  It’s an award show and we want to see more of you!

Great Scott
    Great Scott

Hey Rock!  Trust me when I say that the less of me people see the better. I am hideous and repulsive to look at.  Even my new plastic head gets some very snide remarks; which are very hurtful.  I was in a bus a few weeks ago and some children who were sitting behind me started melting my head with a cigarette lighter.  And then threatened me with plastic recycling.

I think for the sake of all the women and kiddies watching the awards show that I should keep the camera above the waist and below the shoulders.  🙂

Rock
    Rock
    Participant

Great Scott,  you look marvelous!  If I may,  perhaps an eye doctor visit is in order.  Just saying!

John Cockman
    Keymaster

You know, around here a root canal costs around $1000. In Mexico, a root canal costs around $300. It may not be a bad idea to take that $1000, fly to Mexico, get a root canal, and spend the next three days recovering on the beach. I am seriously considering that for next Christmas.

Who am I kidding — I haven’t been to the dentist since 1993 and suddenly I’m thinking about getting gassed south of the border??? It must really be late.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in