BGD now partnering with "Trumpet Tips" instructor Bob Pixley

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? BGD now partnering with "Trumpet Tips" instructor Bob Pixley

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Angela 6 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

John Cockman
    Keymaster

In an effort to expand my base, I am proud to announce that I will now be partnering with Bob Pixley of http://www.TrumpetTips.com, at no extra cost to my subscribers. Bob is the Deputy Professor of Music at Peedwater Community College in Herrodsburg Alabama, and he is also a natural-born teacher.

Here are a few of the free sample lessons:

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Oh my goodness…we ‘ re about ready for the Looney Bin…lol!

Angela
    Participant

Haha. This seems like a perfect partnership.  I hope you will be collaborating on some lessons soon!

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

Congratulations on the partnership John!  Looks like we’re all going to be living alone..out in the woods as soon as we add this to our practice time.  But you missed it by three days…

I can’t wait to see how this fraternity grows..no way I could guess what’s next!…but one thing’s for sure…..we’re all in!

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Brings to mind Johnnie Cash , Ring of Fire , but I believe that’s the bugle  and I have heard some country music and rock with the Saxophone . I guess I will wait and see , I don’t have any or much relationship with the horn family ?

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

I played the trombone and French horn, plus oboe and Alto sax in high school band and various noisy things in the high school percussion ensemble, long, long time ago…forgot everything about that…Mike played the trumpet all through high school and had to in college band for his scholarship…this prof here is in a whole nother league…lol.  The tie combo is interesting.  I love the mute.

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

Anybody from Peedwater has to be, well…something else.  We actually have a little drainage we refer to Peedwater, but that’s just a great story we’re still laughing about..Funny, I grew up near Piedmont W. Va., pronounced Peed mont.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

I had to wonder about the name too…lol…could be just down the road from Yellow Snow…lol.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by cricket cricket.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

I laughed until I cried at the George Strait reference. I hope he makes more videos.

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

Well, now that you’re business partners John, you have a say in the operation…so just keep the pressure on..

But concerning this instrument…….”If thine enemy wrong thee, just buy each of his kids a trumpet.”

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Haha Rodger, I totally agree with that statement. That would be sweet vengeance. 🙂  Though, at least one of the kids should have a drum set.

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

That’s the original joke I robbed that from…

Angela
    Participant

His deadpan delivery KILLS me. The whisper key. LOL

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in