Blessed by John's lessons and this site

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Blessed by John's lessons and this site

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  John Cockman 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Angela
    Participant

I had to dig something back up to thank John and say how much I keep learning from BGD and all of you here.  This video is from 2 1/2 years ago.  I had gone to a local jam/weekend fest.  I had all kinds of questions and was still trying to learn. (well, I’m still trying to learn n0w).  But, here I am 2 1/2 years later and will actually be the fiddle player for one of the featured bands at this same weekend event.

I am having a great time.

I’ve been lurking and reading the forum more than posting in the past few weeks.  I’ve been pretty busy and work, and our house has some Irma damage…fortunately no more than missing shingles and a few other minor issues….not so lucky for many of our neighbors.

I’ve been working out my breaks and learning the songs for the band.  I filled in with them back in April, and they asked me this summer to join them.  I am thrilled and excited!

fiddlewood
    fiddlewood
    Participant

hahahaha…best laugh of my day…thanks!

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by fiddlewood fiddlewood.
    cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Sorry to hear you’ve got hurricane damage to deal with. It’s a great thrill to be invited to be Fiddling for a band!  Happy for you…hope it only gets better.  Yes, John is such a friend to everyone here and sure works hard to keep us all learning and improving.  I’m always amazed at his comfort level with virtually any style of playing he does…definitely something for everybody here.  Happy Fiddling, Angela!

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Haha Angela I had forgotten about that video! That was back when I had more time on my hands… 🙂 We are glad you are still lurking around here!

Bruce
    Participant

Angela,

I can echo your thanks to John for his lessons.  I am good enough now to play with a little string band that preforms at local spots and I am able to go to festivals and join jams with some confidence.  I owe it all to John and his hard work putting the lessons together.  I started way back before BGD when he did did lessons from his office.  I love the BGD family!  Ya’ll are a blessing too.

Bruce

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

I found Johnsfiddlelessons on YouTube back when I was transferred to a different department at work and started watching youtubes during my lunch break.  I didn’t have a fiddle then, but just enjoyed watching and figured one day I’d get one.  Well, I ended up making a snap decision to take early retirement ( changes coming that would affect my retirement for the worse if I’d stayed the whole 27 years…and the job was pretty boring computer data entry anyway…tired of it enough to quit).  Once I made that decision, the first thing I thought was…”I gotta get a fiddle before the paychecks stop coming in!”  Fast forward…got the fiddle and retired at the same time, started fumbling around…I had learned a little bit here and there from fiddlers I’d seen, but never had my own fiddle to practice on…so, it wasn’t like starting from scratch, but pretty close.  Next thing I know he’s putting up this site…I’m like…ok…gotta get in on that!  So, I think I was absorbing some fiddling help and inspiration from John back a long time ago.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

🙂 You guys make me feel like BGD has made a difference. Thank you, I really appreciate that encouragement. I love you all!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in