Blue Violet Waltz

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by ruckydoo ruckydoo 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Kenny
    Kenny
    Participant

Another version

• This topic was modified 3 months ago by Kenny Kenny.
    Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Kenny ????????????????????????????

https://youtu.be/zQkhOGoc9h8

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Kenny when I posted the Question marks , Your part was blank , So I posted the Blue Velvet Waltz by Michael Cleveland !

Kenny this Waltz would be a great BGD lesson !

Kenny
    Kenny
    Participant

Steve,

When I posted this video it kept going to “Lovers Waltz” I couldn’t delete the post.  I think this video is easier to hear without the band.  I agree this would make a great lesson.
    I knew why you posted your comment, just couldn’t get the computer to comply with my wishes.
    Thanks for posting and covering my mistake.  There is nobody better than Michael on this waltz.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Kenny Kenny.
    rodger
    rodger
    Participant

If anyone ever finds a source of sheet music for this…will you please post the source!

fiddlewood
    fiddlewood
    Participant
    cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Have you seen the lesson here for Golden Fiddle Waltz?  This sounds similar…of course if this is in D, I’m sure it must be easier to learn than Golden Fiddle Waltz, in F.  I went through that lesson and actually learned to play the whole thing in a terrible, shaky, out-of-tune fumbly way, but life got really out-of-control right after that…my BGD year subscription ran out, and I just dropped off the face of the earth for a while and forgot all that I struggled to get.  Can’t play it now and haven’t had the quiet time with concentration I’d need to get it all back again, but anyway, what I’m saying is it has a very similar sound…beautiful waltz, good and thorough lesson on here for that…but it ain’t easy at all.  I wanna get back to it when we get done working in TN all the time, and when everybody doesn’t need us for a few months…yes, it would take a few months to get it down…and I don’t know how long to actually be able to play it smoothly and in tune…but it is beautiful.  Anyway, in case you might wanna have a look.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Cricket , Golden fiddle Waltz is pretty , But no one I know could play guitar rhythm to it , So I would never be able to play it without the Rhythm tracks !

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

Thanks Dave, so it’s really an oldie.  & in Bb.

Here’s another recording that is good quality, & he does a little different as usual……

I desperately hope someone gets this guy into the best possible recording studio to make the best possible recordings for posterity while Michael is at his peak.  He is hearing music in his head that the rest of us are incapable of hearing.  These amateur recordings are amazing, but it would take a quality studio to do the real deal.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

I watched a interview on u-tube , The interviewer asked if he practiced a lot when he was not on the road and Michael said no I have to force myself , once I am home , I just really don’t wont to so I don’t unless I force myself !

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

He’s obviously an alien…humans don;t play like that.

goettjp
    goettjp
    Participant
    rodger
    rodger
    Participant

Dave, I looked at the archive, & it is a different Blue Violet Waltz.

ruckydoo
    ruckydoo
    Participant

I’ve listened to Michael Cleveland’s version many,many times when I felt a need to cheer up.  Beautiful!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.