Blue Violet Waltz

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    John (BGD)
    Keymaster

This is an online fiddle lesson for the bluegrass tune “Blue Violet Waltz” in the style of Michael Cleveland. This lesson was made possible by Steve Srader. Thanks Steve!

Blue Violet Waltz

Frederick
    Participant

Very nicely performed and instructed, John. Thanks very much. Fred

Steve Srader
    Participant

Absolutely Beautiful , I got it all downloaded , Thanks !

cricket
    Participant

Great lesson, John!  Yikes, now we’re up to Michael Cleveland stuff…lol.  Thanks for the request, Steve.  How do you download it?  I just get online.

Frederick
    Participant

What a pretty waltz! So well done. Wow!

Steve Srader
    Participant

Cricket I have every lesson I have learnt and wonting to learn downloaded to my computer using video grabber , So once captured I do not need the internet to do them cause they are on my hard drive ! The Mp3 are easier you just right click the mouse on the Mp3 and choose and left click on , save target as , and it will go to your down load folder in your computer !

cricket
    Participant

Thanks, Steve!

Kaeleigh
    Participant

Thank you for doing another waltz Mr. Cockman!!!! I know so many now that I get them all mixed, but I love this one and I’m going to learn it anyway 🙂

fiddlewood
    Participant

I’m with Kaeleigh!  this goes on the “must learn” list.

fiddlewood
    Participant

Wow! I was going through some different videos of Mike playing this and found out form his introduction that my old band-mate Charlie Flannery wrote it.

Charlie and I played about a year together for Wendy Smith (wrote Caroline the Teenage Queen and over 300 other songs).

Small World

cricket
    Participant

Cool, Dave.  Some of our members here hang out with the best musicians!

gigi
    Participant

Merci merci ,

Même c’est en anglais j’arrive a vous suivre suis très fière ,je vais pas vite mais du moins j’avance,

suis fière de prendre des cours avec vous .

Merci,

Ghyslaine (gigi)

Steve Srader
    Participant

gigi translated =

‎Thank you, thank you‎

‎Even it’s in English I manage to follow you am very proud, I’m not going fast but at least I’m moving forward,‎

‎am proud to take classes with you.‎

‎Thank you‎

Ghyslaine (gigi)

ruckydoo
    Participant

What a gorgeous waltz!    The double stops trip me up but will keep trying.   Thanks for teaching Mike  Cleveland’s version.

Frederick
    Participant

It sure is a fine waltz, ruckydoo. I love playing it and I have most of my friends at the local jam sessions playing it, too.

Very interesting to learn who composed the tune and that our own Dave from the forum here knows the guy very well and performed with him. Now that’s really cool as Peggy has said.

gigi
    Participant

I would like to learn quickly, I don’t know how to do that, I’m trying to play Amazine Graces and it doesn’t fit in my head, is there something I don’t know because I’m about to get discouraged. to pay before for short and nobody wrote to me is not to say that the French people would say that of the help they do not know that, if there is something to let me know.
    Thanks Gigi

ruckydoo
    Participant

Hello Gigi,   Please be patient with yourself as the fiddle does have some songs that require MUCH  practice.  I am now over 80 years old and still consider myself a beginner but am attempting to master the Blue Violet Waltz but can only seem to do it one string at at a time but have slipped in a few double stops and am very happy to hear the song sound better.   Age has slowed me down but I want to be a fiddle player  for as long as I can.    You will soon find yourself producing beautiful songs and the thrill of that makes it all worth will.    It was only when  I increased my practice to an hour a day that I felt positive results so that worked for me.  Stick with it, Gigi.   Your violin has thousands of gorgeous songs trapped in it for you to discover and play.  Your determination is  a sign of your desire to do well.  I will pray for you too.      Ruckydoo (Ralph)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.