Board eerily quiet?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    cricketcricket
    Participant

Um…where are y’all?  Everybody ok?  I hope you’re all so busy playing beautiful music that you don’t have time for internet.

fiddlewoodfiddlewood
    Participant

Participation ebbs & flows on most forums.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Yeah, for sure.  Just seems exceptionally quiet here.  Hoping everybody’s ok…just busy.  Well, we’re here…nice to see you, Dave!  lol…I hope everybody’s doing something good…maybe we’ll hear all about it later.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

We had a tough situation here with one of our fiddle camp families, I was at a local hospital visiting with the parents until about 4 AM this morning. Can’t give any details here but requesting prayer for this situation.

cricketcricket
    Participant

sorry to hear about it John…will send prayers out your way and hope things will improve and everybody get through it all ok.  You’re a great friend to be with them in a difficult time.

JBoundsJBounds
    Participant

I’ve been busy with some things. Not a good week really.  But hopefully everything gets back to normal for everyone.

Hoping person/persons are ok, John. Praying

KaeleighKaeleigh
    Participant

I’ll pray for them!
    Certain things are just taking a lot of time right now for me— I’m here Cricket!!!! 🙂 😉

cricketcricket
    Participant

Good to hear from the ones who are here…where are the others?

Participant

I’m here. 🙂 Lurking, lol.

MoonShadowsMoonShadows
    Participant

I don’t come around much because this site remains so slow for me. I like this forum, but for me it functions like a dial-up website from 20 years ago, and I have a 100Mbps cable connection. Don’t mean to be critical, but just letting you know why I don’t come around that much.

Gunnar SalyerGunnar Salyer
    Participant

I’m still here, just been a bit busy

fiddlewoodfiddlewood
    Participant

One problem could also be the new format of the “forums” page.

Previously it would inform of and show the most recent and unread posts.

Currently it shows only the latest thread, and doesn’t accurately show what is new/unread.

example: This category showed that nothing was new, but I checked it and found two threads with several new posts each on them.

I normally come here and check the forums page…if nothing is new I’ll just move on…

MoonShadowsMoonShadows
    Participant

Now, today, the forum is very fast for me…first time I’ve ever experienced this! 🙂

Dave, I think you have a very valid point. I noticed the same thing on another board I frequent. The only thing I can think is the forum software for both forums is the same (a WordPress forum plugin), and the plugin was updated because it started on both forums at the same time. At first I thought nothing new had been posted on either board until I started searching around. And, on this forum, when it is painfully slow, it just eats up more time clicking on every topic to see if there is anything new. I also noticed on that other forum the participation has dropped since this change in how posts/threads are presented.

I wonder if there is an option within the forum plugin (maybe John could check it out) to choose what appears…most recent post vs. latest thread?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.