Boil them cabbages, measure 20

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums Tune-specific help and comments Boil them cabbages, measure 20

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by bellastriker819 bellastriker819 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bellastriker819
    bellastriker819
    Participant

In measure 20, when a double stop is played with the first finger played on both the A and D strings.  My fingertip isnt thick enough to lay down both strings like john shows in his video. If I turn my hand and lay my finger long ways across both strings it works but it puts my hand in an awkward position that is hard to move out of and feels unnatural.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

I believe the way to do that is to press in such a way as to bend the first joint (of your finger) backwards enough to cover both strings. This is called bridging and is a useful skill. If you could post pictures of what does and doesn’t work, we could better help find a working solution

John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Sometimes having fat fingers can give an advantage! :)  Your finger is probably wide enough, but it does take a little work to master playing two strings with one finger. You may have to turn your hand slightly!

bellastriker819
    bellastriker819
    Participant

I tried with the tuner and I can’t get a clean tone with just my finger coming straight down on two. I am just gonna have to keep playing with the angles of my finger :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.