Brilliancy- Fiddle jam at Jeff & Eileen’s- YouTube Video

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums Tune-specific help and comments Request a Lesson! Brilliancy- Fiddle jam at Jeff & Eileen’s- YouTube Video

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Participant

John, do you still offer paid lesson requests? I seem to remember seeing that in the past, but can’t find it now. I really enjoy the version of Brilliancy these awesome fiddlers play and would love to learn it. I pretty much got the hang of the A part, but even slowed down all the way I can’t figure out what they’re doing after that. Learning this tune would go a long way in improving my playing skills.
    I hope you get a chance to check out this great jam session on YouTube. Each of these players is absolutely fantastic!

Thanks in advance!

Don B.

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Is it this one Don ?

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

There are only about 20 versions in that video, I’m not sure you could pay me to teach all of them! 🙂

Participant

That’s the one. I like all 20 of them, but would be excited to learn the first version played by Starr. Hey, I’m not picky.

Participant

Well, if this isn’t possible, how about Maddie Denton’s version of Little Rock Getaway she recorded when she was 14? I’m pretty far along on this one because I used to play it on the mandolin. (Not quite that well, however).

Nancy ParkerNancy Parker
    Participant

I had Tabby’s (fiddler#2) version transcribed.

It’s real easy to follow.  Just slow down the youtube and play along.

Will that work for you?

If yes! I can forward the sheet music to John and ask him to attach it.

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Since I’ll never ever be able to play the fiddle as well as she, I’ll just settle to play 18 holes as well as she can! 🙂

Participant

That would be great, Nancy! Thanks so much! It’s a bit over my head, but I look forward to the challenge.
    Thanks again Nancy!

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Here are some tabs, courtesy of Nancy!

Brilliancy Tablature from Nancy

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

I have a really nice version in my “Craig Duncan Master Fiddle Solo Collection” book from Mel Bay. It’s a cool tune no matter the variation. 🙂

Participant

Got it! Thanks John and Nancy!

Nancy ParkerNancy Parker
    Participant

Glad you got it. Have fun!

Oh! I just remembered:

Measure 3 was slowing me down.  Sooooo . . .

I had Gabby’s measure 3 changed to match Starr and Eileen’s accented shuffle. (I liked that part!)

You can add the double-stops when you’re ready.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.