"Brilliancy" sheet music

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? "Brilliancy" sheet music

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  John Cockman 9 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Nancy Parker
    Nancy Parker
    Participant

Rodger: I didn’t forget you.  Here’s the PDF of the “Brilliancy”  tune. I had a reminder posted on my 2017 calendar that you were looking for the sheet music.

The YouTube is listed at the bottom of page 2.

Rats! I can’t get it to “paste” with my iphone.  I will ask BGD John to attach the PDF.

John Cockman
    Keymaster
    Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

And here’s the video from the sheet music !

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

Oh, wow, thanks Nancy.  I did really want that….I’ll have to get perculatin on it now…

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

Here’s another (fast) video of Brilliancy.

John ..  I hope you brought me a hat like this one from Mexico!?!

Record audio is overdriven.  Crying shame something of this quality didn’t get preserved on high quality audio recording.  Can’t wait for John or maybe Michael to do this with his band backup.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

SWARB! He’s way too good to wear such a cheap hat. 🙂

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

Exactly…but I’m not…

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Haha Rodger, did I mention they were cheap plane tickets? I wasn’t allowed any carry-on baggage or to check any bags. Personal items only! I should have bought the hat, then packed a bunch of stuff in the giant brim. 🙂

I play the Brilliancy Medley but a different version. I need to record it and put it on here!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Anybody remember the I Love Lucy episode where she went to Europe and came back on the airplane trying to hide a big hunk of cheese?

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

Well, John …if you bought a hat, then your head would have been the container for it…they can’t make you leave your head behind.  How could anyone go to Mexico & not bring back a big sombrero?  If fact…my picture of the whole thing, is you & all the girls going through the metal detectors with everyone having one on their noggins.   I mean that’s a statement…look where I just been….while you guys have been shiverin in the blizzards.

(Cricket..no, but I bet it’s on youtube)

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

John, there’s some great timing manipulation in that piece & to me, when he gets into that shuffle thing, he flattens the fiddle out so he can get his elbow up real high & use gravity assist.  It would be hard to do that with your elbow down on your side.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

He had such a unique style. I’m actually a big fan of his fiddling!

I was just about to order a sombrero, but then my PC consultant and my PR manager both informed me that a gringo in a sombrero can come across as “tone-deaf.” I’m not sure what that means to them, but as a musician I never want to be tone-deaf! 🙂

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

That’s too bad John…I wonder if they might have been influenced by those large hearing aids…maybe you could get smaller ones?  Or you could just fire your consultant & manager…?  But why did they think you were a Gringo?  It’s not so bad being a tone deaf musician.  In fact there’s lot’s of advantages when you think about it.  If you listen to most of what’s out there on the popular media these days, I thought that was a requirement to be a musician…

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Haha that’s somewhat true, Rodger… I think I would enjoy music a whole lot more if I could “turn off” the musician in my head!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in