Can not view your videos

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Can not view your videos

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  John Cockman 6 days ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Great Scott
    Great Scott

Hey guys!  I hope you guys are all doing Okay.  I am sorry guys:  As you guys know, I am always keen to watch the progress videos that you guys post; but the thing is, guys, I am just not able to see a lot of the great videos that you guys make.  This is really sad for me, guys.  The guys at the Jungle Internet Hut told me that this could be due to the guys who monitor (police) the Internet here.  So the thing is, guys, that I can not view all the videos of you guys.  Even the ‘Lessons’ here on BGD that you guys love so much are unavailable to me.  I can get the MP3s but not all the video content.  Guys, I really do like to watch you guys progress and  leave a supportive message for you guys, but I won’t be able to do these things, guys until we move off to Civilization.  So, guys, my humble apologies to you guys if I can’t leave a comment to the videos that you guys post.

So, guys, that’s it from me.  Guys, I hope y’all are staying safe and well and practicing your fiddle tunes.  That’s it from me for now, guys.  I will see you guys on the other side.  Cheers, guys!  🙂

P.S~  Yes, I know: I used the word ‘guys’ in this post 26 times; but who’s counting? Have a great day, guys!  Oops!  Make that 27 times.  Hee-hee-hee!

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Hey Guys in the Jungle , You guys be careful , as You guys may have internet termites that are eating up you Guys internet , Guys they especially like us guys music videos ,You guys might be able to play some music just outside the internet hut to maybe lure them out , but if they invade you Guys  they will eat all your music , making it impossible for you to ever play music again , So you guys be careful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Hey you guys!

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Great Scott! I think you are onto something — from now on, I will start each video with “Hey you guys…” I’m sure this is an original and untried idea that will garner me lots of fans!

On a side note, I pray that you will find your way within civil borders very soon. It’s great to hear from you!

Bruce
    Participant

Scott,

That happened to me on my old MacBook. It  would not play John’s videos but I got sound.  Tried to load Firefox and it would not load, OS too old.   Finally threw in the towel and got a new computer, problem solved. Expensive solution but my old MacBook’s hardware was at the limit as far as the OS.

Great Scott
    Great Scott

Steve…  Internet termites?  Yep, I am sure that you are on to something there.  I have been wondering where all my Internet quota has been disappearing so quickly.  No I know!  Those dastardly little iNet — Termites.  Those nasty little bugs have terminated my enjoyment of the video content here on BGD.  Time to bring out the big guns!  I am now off to buy an Giant Ant Eater!   🙂

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Great Scott, I think that is a fab idea for removing internet termites. If that doesn’t work, I recommend you get them with a hammer.

Great Scott
    Great Scott

Hey Johnny!  Yep, you would be the first to use this greeting.  I don’t recall ever hearing it used on the Internet before.  Maybe you could patent the greetings “Hey guys!”  and “Hey you guys.”  And then sue everyone who uses it.  You would be a very rich daddy.

Yes, I am finally within civil borders (tho they be on the tipping edge of another third-world country).  So primitive compared to N.C.   🙂  We are at the most southern part of it and will today be making our way north and out to the coast.  I will be looking around to trade in my old but newly acquired Llama on a newer model.  The old Llama helped us escape the wilds of the previous dark land but ’tis now time to trade the old girl in and get a bigger faster model.  I like a well-built woman who can carry her own weight… and mine  because we had to dismiss our three Sherpas (Harry, Barry and Larry.  Gary was too sick to join them).  So now we are in a much bigger land.  The pace is faster.  The inhabitants not terribly friendly.  And it will become more hostile the farther north we go.  Civilization is BADLY needed in this God-forsaken land.

I neglected to tell you that the afternoon after we broke camp to take passage on the steamer, a small hurricane came thrashing the same area and would have flooded where we were and the violent wind would have destroyed our tents.  I am glad we decided to escape when we did.

May not be able to gain access to more Internet for the next few days as we will be traveling to the northern wastelands.  Fear not daddy, we have plenty of beads and mirrors to calm the savage beasts of the north:  And by that I mean the people — terrible as they be.

I am currently using a public computer and for security reasons I do not want to access my e-Mail addresses, because they and my passwords could remain visible after I log out.

Stay safe and keep enjoying your adventure in Ol’ Blighty.

~ P.S.  The talcum powder is the stop the chafing when the family jewels are not secure enough.  That is the best and polite way I know of explaining it to you.   Get my drift?  🙂

Great Scott
    Great Scott

Bruce, thank you for sharing your very good advice.  I will be looking to get another computer and hopefully be entertained buy the BGD vidz.

John, that looks like David smashing that computer.  That is me for now.  Signing out ’cause I have just 2 minutes left before they cut me off.  Talk to you all soon!  Cheers!

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Great Scott, that does look like David! He never stops smiling… I’m glad to hear you are on the move, and glad you got out before the storm struck. Maybe you should reconsider living in a grass and mud hut. Ever thought about a sailboat? Low taxes, no faxes. Now that you’ve left Lilliput and landed in Blefuscu, I hope things will be better. Hopefully you’ll find a secure location and will be able to correspond digitally again. Be safe!

Great Scott
    Great Scott

Thanks John.   🙂  Do you mean that David never stops smiling or the guy smashing the computer never stops smiling.  I know for certain that David never stops smiling.  And if I were smashing my own computer, then I would never stop smiling… and laughing and cussing and dancing and singing with every clout of the hammer.

Yep, did consider a sail bout of sorts a few yeas ago, and even more recently.  I may eventually one day buy one (60 feet +) but after talking to an Irish sailor in the boat harbor, I am not quite sure of it now. As he explained to me; “The two happiest days in your life (regarding boats) are the day you buy it and the day you get rid of it!”  Boats are a lot like bad women.  There is a LOT of upkeep and expense.

Hope the trip is going well for you and that you are enjoying the culture.  Stay safe and well.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

I had a sailboat that sunk.  Destroyed and rotting down at the bottom of the bathtub since about 1955…

fiddliferous1950
    fiddliferous1950
    Participant

Cricket, that’s funny! lol lol lol!

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Thanks Great Scott. Yesterday was our first arrival in Scotland, and we’re in love. I didn’t realize you can just pitch your tent in any farmer’s field. The highlands are free and beautiful. I hope you are enjoying the culture and staying safe too!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in