Can you pick tunes for other people?

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Can you pick tunes for other people?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Gunnar Salyer Gunnar Salyer 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Kaeleigh
    Kaeleigh
    Participant

Ok, this might seem a little weird, but I think I’ve run into a couple tunes that specific people on the forums would enjoy.

Cricket, you mentioned in a recent post that you like those lonesomey  tunes. I was listening to an album last night and I thought, that sounds like a Cricket tune! Have you ever heard ‘Little Rose is Gone’? I think it’s a civil war era tune, but I’m not sure.

Kaeleigh
    Kaeleigh
    Participant

Maybe you already play it, but if so, you should record it! I’d love to hear it with one of your great combinations of instruments!

sorry if that was weird 😁

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Kaeleigh Kaeleigh.
    Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

I don’t really think it’s weird. The video is unavailable here though 😕 but I occasionally hear a tune somewhere that I know someone else would like

Kaeleigh
    Kaeleigh
    Participant

Can you see that one? It’s a different version of the same tune.

I ran across one that sounded like you’d play it too, but I’ve forgotten what it was😊

fran h
    fran h
    Participant

I don’t think its weird either. I often come across tunes that I think suit a certain persons style of playing or suits their tastes.

Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

Ok yeah I could see that one. It does sound like something Cricket might play, and I think she’d do a better job, it would sound better slightly slower than that guy played it.

If you run across the one that sounded like me again, do please share, I’m currently shopping for new fiddle tunes to learn next

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Yes, Kaeleigh…find tunes for us…lol!  Seriously, that’s a beautiful tune and I don’t think I ever heard it before.  Thanks for sharing that.  Isn’t it amazing that we kinda know one another enough on this board to think of who would play this tune or that one?  Kinda funny, but yeah, it makes sense.  Thanks again, Kaeleigh…I’ll have to learn that one and see what I could do with it.  Now we wait for Gunnar’s tune!

Kaeleigh
    Kaeleigh
    Participant

Aaah! I can’t get Gunnar’s tune to link!

Kaeleigh
    Kaeleigh
    Participant

It’s one of these two. Don’t know if you’v ever heard either 😉

JBounds
    JBounds
    Participant

whoa that’s a cool tune. I may have to learn that one. But I have so many on my list to learn.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by JBounds JBounds.
    Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

That’s a cool tune! But it’s only one, what happened to the other?

Kaeleigh
    Kaeleigh
    Participant

Yes, I’m bad at that. Here ‘tis:

Kaeleigh
    Kaeleigh
    Participant

The first one in the set, that is.

Frederick
    Frederick
    Participant

That’s beautiful, Kaeleigh. Absolutely beautiful!

Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

That’s a great set! I recognized the first tune, I think it’s on an album of Martin’s that I have, I really liked the last tune too, I love minor Irish tunes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.