Carbon Fiber Fiddles

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    rodgerrodger
    Participant

You would have to play really, really hard up here to ever sweat playing a fiddle this far north.  Can’t imagine how my fiddle would react to that humidity down there.  Folks probably have trouble with the seams separating too down there….

cricketcricket
    Participant

Well it’s a pretty sweaty area here…plus I’m always the person sweating the most wherever I go…lol.  I guess maybe up where you are, Rodger, it’d be more likely my face would freeze to the fiddle…lol.

BeardogBeardog
    Participant

I had a carbon fiber fiddle for a while. It was nice, and played well, but I couldn’t get much volume out of it. I haven’t tried any of those $6-7K and up CF fiddles, but I am sure some of them are very good instruments. But, are they better than a $1.5K-4K wood fiddle? How about a $5K-10K wood fiddle? Those would both be huge hurdles to overcome in my mind.

ruckydooruckydoo
    Participant

Started saving some loose change for a Glasser.   They have a pretty fair reputation so…?  Mr. Cleveland’s comments did comvince me to consider it even though it wasn’t a Glasser that he was using.   Want to try an electric type too as Jo A Ram does some fine work with one of those too.

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.