Civil war song

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar John (BGD) 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Nancy Bitter
    Participant

The girl I left behind me. In G or A  please….

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Here’s Johns old lesson !

https://youtu.be/rLdxO7Jc85Q

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Thanks for bringing that one up, Nancy!   It’s a nice tune.  Steve, thanks for linking to John’s old lesson…I used to watch Johnsfiddlelessons while gobbling down my lunch at my desk at work…it was a big inspiration to me and I wanted to buy a fiddle…yet, never managed to be able to get one until certain factors fell into place just as I was retiring…bought my first fiddle and the presonus and then retired from the job.  Anyway…that’s a really nice old tune and John sure does a nice job playing it.  There is another one called That Girl I left Behind me…I believe…don’ tknow for sure the title, but it’s more of a sung song…have not heard it in decades and decades…but the words go…”Oh that girl that pretty little girl that girl I left behind me, da dut da da, deedle dut da du that girl I left behind me.”  Maybe it’s sort of the same tune with an added part…I was so young when I heard it I just can’t remember if it’s the same or different.  Anyway…this one here, the one John plays, is definitely the most popular one that goes around…I’m glad to be reminded of it. Hope to hear you play it, Nancy!

Nancy Bitter
    Participant

Is there tabs or notes for this???

Nancy Parker
    Nancy Parker
    Participant

1. Notes are here:

http://www.cockmanfamily.com/john/

2. Tab is on BGD sheet music page.

Nancy Bitter
    Participant

My first attempt at girl I left behind. rou

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Nice job!  That’s a good one, isn’t it?  Thanks for playing it for us…enjoyed listening!

Nancy Bitter
    Participant

now I need to pick up the pace some and get those “tripoles” smoother. thanks for the info Nancy…..on where to find the tabs.  It made learning part 2 alittle easier.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Thanks Nancy great job , I am glad John had a old lesson on this one for you , It wont be long till you get it perfect , I always do better once I get them memorized so I am not being held back by music sheets , We always do better when we are free to fly !

John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Nice work!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.