Clapton's Guitar – Wayne Henderson to speak at Appalachian State's Convocation

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Clapton's Guitar – Wayne Henderson to speak at Appalachian State's Convocation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

I just want to give a shout out to our old friend Wayne Henderson. Wayne will be speaking at Appalachian State’s Convocation ceremony September 4th.

https://bluegrassdaddy.com/claptons-guitar-wayne-henderson-at-appalachia-state-convocation/

ruckydooruckydoo
    Participant

Hadn’t seen this before but sure do like that sound and song done so well by your brother.

Am currently in Texas trying to resurrect a nice new fiddle my grand daughter wanted several years ago but was never interested enough to learn.   A new string, a tuning and some serious applications of rosin are getting some fine sounds out of it.  BELLA is the name on it so I’ll be tracking that back a bit.

Thought about checking out a carbon fiber fiddle…if I could find one here.    Love the CF bow that I got some years back when subject was mentioned on BGD site.   Mike Cleveland seemed quite pleased with the one he tried.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Ben is really awesome on that guitar!

goettjpgoettjp
    Participant

“Mike Cleveland seemed quite pleased with the one he tried.”

I bought that one a couple years ago… the 5-string “Victor.”   It is very nice and nearly indestructible.   I recently hauled it to Illinois and back and left it in my car (15 degrees, no problem)

Back on topic, the book “Clapton’s Guitar” is fascinating for anyone with any musical interest.   I bought my copy from Grayson Highlands State park concessions, just down the road from Wayne’s place.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.