Classical gas…. performed by a nine year old

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Classical gas…. performed by a nine year old

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by cricket cricket 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

I came across this video today, and thought you’d enjoy it Cricket. It’s cool to see both how it’s played as a classical guitarist, and also how she specifically plays it to accommodate her small hands. She only fingers the notes she plays looks like

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Wow…she did real good, didn’t she?  Pretty young to be tackling that and from a Classical perspective to boot!  I’ve tried classical style guitars in music stores and i cannot play the things…the neck is just too huge…how did she manage????   Well she did good!  That was nice, and it was inspiring too!  Thanks for sharing, Gunnar!

Frederick
    Frederick
    Participant

Wow!

Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

I know right? It’s totally impressive, now to start training my sister, she’s got a few years before she’s nine….. classical guitars are very different to play, especially if you thumb over (fretting the low string with your thumb) it’s almost impossible, and I have very long hands.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Yeah, I think the strings are wider spaced apart too and the strings are also just bigger around.  It feels weird, like walking in the mud or something.  She’s good for 9, or any age, really.  She’s not only reaching things really well, but sounds very musical with it too.  She’ll play some great classical by the time she’s grown up.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.