Come back!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    cricketcricket
    Participant

Has anybody heard from Gunnar?  I’m hoping he’s on his way back home and finally gets back to be with his family.  Was wondering about that…he seems to have disappeared.  Hope all is well, Gunnar!

IcebikeIcebike
    Participant

Summer time here means as much time outside as possible, usually either in the garden or the mountains.  Both are good places to social distance, although I spend less time with music.  After a week of rain, the sun came out and the garden is taking off.

Joe

cricketcricket
    Participant

That’s a nice looking garden, there, Joe!  I don’t blame you for spending all the time you can get in the warmth and sunshine and watching the veggies grow!

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

A garden with a view !

Participant

That garden is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Any chance of fiddling out there while basking in the warmth of the sun?

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Wow Joe, I really enjoy the photos of your beautiful corner of the world!

Heard from Great Scott today. He is traveling, but there are so few internet cafes open in his part of the world, and he is avoiding public computers due to COVID. However, he sends his love and looks forward to being back on the forum.

IcebikeIcebike
    Participant

Lisa,  for Father’s Day my sons gave me a nice bench to sit out in the yard and play music.  Not quite sure yet how the neighbors feel about that.  I won’t put it near the garden because I’ll loose focus and think about all the little gardening tasks to do.

Today was a fantastic day out, and it is supposed to start raining tomorrow, so I gave up on gardening and the music and headed for the hills to hike.  I can always garden and play music inside when it rains

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

I would love to be there ! I can close my eyes and smell that mountain air !

Gunnar SalyerGunnar Salyer
    Participant

I’m still in the states, I’ve not been online much the past two weeks because I’ve been at Banjo Ben’s Camp (the only reason I was in the states to begin with) which was awesome!!! I got to play music with people, got to play some amazing instruments, got to meet some of my favorite musicians, it was so much fun!!

Now I’m waiting for Africa to reopen international travel so I can go home, Hopefully sometime soon. I’ll try to get on here more now that I’m back from Nashville

cricketcricket
    Participant

Oh, glad you made it to the banjo camp afterall!  Cool.  Hoping you get back home soon.  What a mess…to have this insane pandemic happen when you’re out on the other side of the world, hey?  Glad to hear you enjoyed Banjo Ben’s camp.  Did you learn anything new there?

Gunnar SalyerGunnar Salyer
    Participant

Yeah, it’s been pretty crazy.

I learned so much! And I learned a lot that I wasn’t expecting to learn, like how to play the upright bass.

I got to do a lot of jamming, including playing with Kenny Smith, Ben Clark, Penny and Katy Clark, Dave Dillard, Abby and Caleb Lindsey, and so many more people. It was amazing!!

cricketcricket
    Participant

Sounds like a great time…great learning experience, and I hope well worth it to be stuck here for so long.

Participant

Joe–what a BEAUTIFUL place to live!! Garden… mountains… Daddy used to love his garden, although not near as lush as yours. Living in the flatlands of NE Florida, his was beautiful enough–looking like rows of green amid a vast bed of sand. I miss him AND his gardening.   With the pandemic, your neighbors just might enjoy some fiddle music… especially if it’s against the backdrop of that beautiful hill country…

Gunnar–wow… what an experience to have! Like Cricket said… a pandemic while halfway around the world.  Traveling in and of itself is an experience not afforded by all. I’ve only traveled more than two hours away from home about 5 times, and it was just to Texas LOL

ruckydooruckydoo
    Participant

Kaleigh,    As I was awaking from an anesthetic a couple years back, I was hummming a Bobby Darin song in which he uses a few words of Polish and it’s title is MELODY OF LOVE and it got to the hit parade for a while .   I tried it on my fiddle and enjoy playing it on occasion.  You Tube has it and that is what I used to learn the piece.

ruckydooruckydoo
    Participant

Kaleigh,

Bobby Vinton sang Melody of Love, not Bobby Darin.   Got to shake hands with him in
    branson a while back and he was still sounding good!

fran hfran h
    Participant

Greetings All,

I am still around to. I work retail to I have been busy filling up those shelves with toilet paper.  I have been doing a lot of practicing, since every Festival I wanted to go to got cancelled. I was really looking forward to Merlefest.  No gardening for me. . . . just no time to water and weed. I even plant plastic flowers around my yard. No watering issues with them.  My weekly lessons started back up the first of June as well as one weekly jam. I do hope everyone else is doing well.  These are crazy times.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Good to hear from you, Fran!  The last person I knew who planted plastic flowers in the yard was my mom…lol.  She sometimes forgot them and they’d sit there in the snow.

Hope the work is going well.  Sorry your festivals were all canceled…but great to use the time for extra practice!

Great ScottGreat Scott

Hey Cricket! Hope you are well. Mending fences, aye?

Belated Happy Birthday greetings, Dave, for July 5. Hope it was a doozy!

Steve, the price of eggs in China (from Chinese Silky chickens, of course) were 5 yuan for 8 (pre-virus unleashing and then coverup), 8 being a lucky number in Chinese. However, since the Chinese communist regime unleashed their WUHAN CHINA VIRUS on the rest of the world, that has killed hundreds of thousands of innocent people, the price of eggs in China is now zero yuan on account that they ate all the chickens — after they at all the bats from the wet market.

I am so dirty on that evil diabolical regime because it destroyed something so very dear to me and their coverup took the lives of two extremely close friends.

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Great Scott thanks for the input , scratching head , deep though , stale mate , brain fog ,I will get back to you as soon as I recover !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cricketcricket
    Participant

Hello Scott…it’s been a while.  Come back.  Hope you are safe and sorry for your losses.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.