Come back!

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    cricketcricket
    Participant

I know this has been so difficult for so many people.  I hope covid will leave soon and let everybody safely get their lives back again!  Can’t rush it though…just make it worse…but hoping it’ll go away soon.  It’s really messed with the whole world.  I think New Zealand got through it better than anywhere else.

IcebikeIcebike
    Participant

Went out to the garden this morning and saw this sunflower.  Knew it was going to be a good day.  Tonight our Irish session group, which hasn’t gathered since March, is getting together.  We have been invited back to a Senior and Veteran’s home where we played regularly.  We will space out and play in their courtyard, while the residents can gather at nearby windows overlooking the space.  Looking forward to it.  Joe

cricketcricket
    Participant

That’s a beautiful sunflower!

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Nice looking sunflower, Joe.

It’s great to finally be almost settled in. I’ve got my fiddles hanging on a double hanging stand, my banjo sitting in it’s own stand, my “new”, 1974 Buddy Emmons pedal steel standing in the corner and my amp close by it. I got my old computer all set up on it’s new desk. (I had a new computer but gave it to my wife to go with her new lap top. I didn’t want to have to deal with user names and passwords and trying to transfer all my Audacity recordings from my “old” computer to my new one so I just gave it to my wife.)

Now, when I want to play an instrument, I just reach one down off the stand and give it a tune or pull up a chair and sit at the PSG.

So nice to grab my old fiddle again! Yes!

Great ScottGreat Scott

For Fred, and Joe — I am extremely sorry to hear of the loss of those so dear to you.  My heartfelt sympathies to you both.

Steve — I hope your younger brother will be okay. Nothing troubles the mind more than uncertainty.

Ann (1943) — It was so wonderful to log in and find your post.  I am so sorry to read about your nasty fall, and consequent injury.   My sincere best wishes for your long-term recovery.  I have no doubt that you will be playing fast tunes when the time is right.

Fred, I hope you enjoy enjoy your new house.

Cricket — Thanks a bunch for keeping everyone connected here.  You are a charm !

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.