Computer mic recommendation

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums Strings and Things Computer mic recommendation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    IcebikeIcebike
    Participant

I am looking to purchase a standalone mic for recording on the computer.  I’m really not happy with the recordings using the built-in mic on my macbook.  I’ve gotten to the point where I realize I play better than the computer records.  Any recommendations based on what others use?  There was a forum thread at one time about usb microphones, but I have not been able to find it.  Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Joe

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Joe I have a M-audio producer USB  mic and it works very well however I paid less than a hundred for mine I saw this same mic on E-bay for fifty dollars I think any USB mic under $100.00 would be as good happy hunting ! just make sure its above 4 stars Amazon has lots for $50 to $100

M-Audio Vocal Studio | Digital Recording Bundle and USB Condenser Microphone

BeardogBeardog
    Participant

I have a  Zoom H4N. It is perhaps the best $150 bucks or so that I have spent on my musical journey. I have quit doing any recordings using my MacBook built in microphone. The recordings sound much worse than my playing, too. If you happen to have an iPhone, there is a great free program called “Spire”.  The company that makes Spire has a phenomenal multi-track portable recording studio that they want to sell, but I have no use for the hardware device. The free Spire software does an excellent job, especially considering that one is recording on an iPhone! Then the Spire program lets you export your recording in pretty much whatever file type/size you want, and you can directly upload to social media sites, as well.

IcebikeIcebike
    Participant

Looked around and through a lot of reviews.  Finally picked up a refurbished Apogee MiC 96k.  Still in the “playing with it” stage, but I am amazed at the difference in recording sound quality.

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Yes the reviews look great , glad your happy with it !

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

I made all my early lessons with the Apogee MiC. Awesome USB mic.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.