Cricket, a.k.a., groundhogpeggy, hits the bigtime…lol

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Cricket, a.k.a., groundhogpeggy, hits the bigtime…lol

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    cricketcricket
    Participant

A playhouse company from I think NYC (bigtime….lol…I’ve never been and probably never will go) has contacted me wanting permission to use snippet from one of my music youtubes (There’s no Place Like Home…guitar and banjo) on their upcoming play, O. Henry…forgot the title of the play now.  It’s probably just gonna be about 3 seconds of my music in the background…lol…but still.  The play debuts this Saturday, May 1st, at 8:00 p.m, but they said they keep them up for viewing for a few days afterward.  Looks like they want “guests” to register to watch and they keep track of how many viewers they get…they are doing online only to get through covid.  Anyway, if anyone gets curious,  here’s the link they gave me.  http://www.metropolitanplayhouse.org/watchcareful

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

I’m gonna look into this, Peggy. Sounds interesting. 🙂

cricketcricket
    Participant

Fred, the first thing I thought of when they contacted me was your music.  Yours should be in something like this, if any should.  I hope somehow your presence can become known to them or others who could use some really good background themes.

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Thank You very much for thinking of me, Peggy.

I looked at the date, May 1st, and realized I will be traveling all that day. I’m leaving Arkansas for a while and returning to East Tennessee to do some music playing with several musician friends of mine there in the Erwin/Johnson City/Bristol area. They have a number of gigs just waiting for me and my fiddle (I get to play banjo some of the time, too).

As far as theatric works, etc., my cinematic classical music has been used on several documentaries and that’s fun. Also I have an average of 196 streams per week on The Orchard from my Namaste CD and nearly as many from my Blue Almonds. It’s all fun. There’s no real money in it, but it’s fun.

I’m just having fun composing with nothing else in mind. The music world is too much of a rat race, dog-eat-dog world for me to be drawn into anymore.

I sure do appreciate your kindness and that of others here on the forum. This is a fun place.

Thanks so much for thinking of me. I sure wish I’d be around to see the play and hear you music (all 3 seconds 🙂 ) That would be so much fun. Congrats! You certainly deserve it.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Thanks, Fred.  Glad you have some fun gigs and stuff to do.  They said they kept the plays up for a few days…if you’re gone for a while, though, you still might miss it…I’ll fill you in on which 3 seconds they used when you get back…lol.  Have fun gigging and seeing your pals!

Participant

How absolutely cool!!! I KNEW you were somebody famous!! 😁😇🎵🎻😀

cricketcricket
    Participant

Lol…famous to the birds at the feeder just off from the front porch!

Nancy BitterNancy Bitter
    Participant

CAN I HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH????????   CONGRATS!!!!

cricketcricket
    Participant

Lol…thanks, Nancy.  I’m sure it’s not much of a big deal, really, but honestly, I can’t wait to watch their play on youtube…lol…gotta admit that.  It is exciting for me. Thank for the encouragement.

Gunnar SalyerGunnar Salyer
    Participant

Ooh cool!

Great ScottGreat Scott

For some reason I missed this post when you first created it, Cricket.  So please forgive my late reply. Now that I’m ‘sober’ and have escaped from was discharged from the clinic, I wanted to wish you all the very best with your new found fame.  Next time I’m walking down Hollywood boulevard I’ll be looking for your star. I hope you will be happy with what they’ve done with their play.

cricketcricket
    Participant

Thanks, Scott.  Wasn’t much of a big deal but just kind of cool that they wanted to use it.  Thanks, guys.

FrederickFrederick
    Participant

Peggy, you’re first mentioned around the 14 minute mark and your music is played at about 1:21:21. It’s perfect. What a great choice they made. Congrats. This is so wonderful. You deserve every bit of recognition and fame. Yeah!!!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.