Current Project – Hey, Hey

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums Tune-specific help and comments Current Project – Hey, Hey

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jazzstudentjazzstudent
    Participant

I realize that this is not ‘Fiddle’, but it is what I am currently working on.  I am trying to upgrade my fingerpicking improv skills.

Fiddle stuff to follow in the near future.

Bill

cricketcricket
    Participant

We showcase our nonfiddle stuff all the time here.  Great job!  Sweet picking, what we in KY call thumbpicking style!  Sounds great!

jazzstudentjazzstudent
    Participant

Cricket,

Thanks for the kind word.  I love Kentucky.  I taught some workshops a number of years ago at the ‘Festival of the Bluegrass’ in Lexington.  It was one of the few places I have been that I felt rivaled British Columbia for beauty and friendliness . . . and, the barbeque was amazing.

Bill

MariaRMariaR
    Participant

Really nice job, jazzstudent! Hope to hear more some time.

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

what they said !

fiddlewoodfiddlewood
    Participant

Sweet! Even with the guitar in there it still makes a nice backup track to play fiddle to…

Participant

Just cause it ain’t fiddle doesn’t mean it can’t have a fiddle play along with it. Really nice. Inspired me to pick up my bow and play along a few rounds. I couldn’t help myself.

Hey, hey, you really sound like you got it, got it to my ear.

I look forward to hearing more of whatever you’re working on.

jazzstudentjazzstudent
    Participant

Thanks everyone for the support.

‘Goneworkin’, I would love to hear what you are doing with the fiddle and ‘Hey, Hey’.

Given my musical preferences, even though I am working on very basic fiddle tunes – at the same time, I am working up ‘Autumn Leaves’ and practicing scales, arpeggios and blues licks . . .

Bill

Participant

Bill, I assure you, you do NOT want to hear me trouncing all over your cool guitar work. I sound more like a DJ scraping the needle across a vinyl record only without the beat.

It’s just that you sounded like I might could play along to see if I could catch the merry-go-round.

Some day, for sure I might even get the brass ring, but I still have to fiddle my way up onto the ride.

Again, you sounded great. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.