Waltz of the Angels

This topic contains 23 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Nancy Bitter 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Nancy Bitter
    Participant

Dancing with the Angels — Can you put this out in the key of F?  I can find chords and lyrics but no notes…….

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Do you have a favorite version? Maybe a youtube link? Here is a cool Stuart Duncan break in the key of A with New Grass Revival in 1988. The break starts around 2:14. I wouldn’t be hard to tab a simple melody version in F.

Nancy Bitter
    Participant

I can try…usually when I do that it never sounds like what others are playing! I do know my friends play it in F.maybe you can just note out that fiddle part? I will too and compare . My friends say best way to learn is just listen to the music. I try but although I can heat it in my head clearly ,it doesn’t sound good when I put fingers to string. I need to SEE the note or tabs to learn
    any suggestions how to learn by ear would be awesome

Nancy Bitter
    Participant

SORRY……WRONG SONG! REALIZED WHEN SAW YOUR VIDEO. I meant to say WALTZ OF THE ANGELS…
    somewhat slower song….dont ya think? haha

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Ha yes, that’s quite a difference. 🙂  I have changed the title of this post.

Here is our friend Bruce Osborne playing the song. Is this the right one?

Or were you thinking of Angel’s Waltz, as in the Bobby Hicks video below?

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Nancy Bitter here’s a version of by Me of Waltz of the Angels

Kitty wells did this George Jones and so many more .

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

Really appreciate you posting that Steve..I like your style.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

I really miss hearing this type of music. Steve, thanks for posting. You have a great voice.

Robin123

Thanks for posting Steve. I love your version, you sound great!

Nancy Bitter
    Participant

thanks Steve…..I am gonna use your version cause it is a great tempo.  The problem still is that I cannot find the melody notes still anywhere.  Research only gives the words and chords.  And I am terrible at trying to play be ear. I realize it is my biggest enemy.  I can hear it in my head but well, when I put those fingers on the strings it just dont sound good. But I am determined. Any suggestions helpful by anyone. What key are you in?????

Nancy Bitter
    Participant

I always thought it was good to be able to read music……but now into blueIgrass I find it a detriment.  Especially at a jam….I never take music papers to the jam, and sometimes find it difficult.  I can play in the key they say, but thats about it.  Afraid to really step out and move those fingers around easily to the melody that many fiddlers do

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Nancy playing in the key of (A) Simple chords A-D-E  in that order

Nancy the chords wont stay where they are supposed to be every time

I move the cords into place when I save the program auto moves them out of position. For example on the second line E cord is supposed to be over tightly and A is supposed to be over Mine so the cords are on the right line but not over the right words. LOL Auto correct Grrrrrr.

Wynn Stewart
    Waltz Of The Angels (1956)
    .                          A                             D
    The waltz of the angels I hear each night
    .                E                                     A
    I hold you tightly in these arms of mine
    .                                                           D
    It’s surely from heaven this music I hear
    .                                   A               E                      A
    When your lips say I love you in waltz time my dear

Chours
    .                          D                                      A
    There must be a power much higher than I
    .                                                          E
    A writer of love songs way up in the sky
    .                      A                                    D
    The maker of roses of love sweet and true
    .                                  A                E                       A
    And the waltz of the angels, the moonlight and you

Oh hurry my darling to my waiting arms
    I’ll love you forever and keep you from harm
    We know love is endless our hearts have been kissed
    By the waltz of the angels and far beyond this

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Steve, thanks for posting the chords and lyrics. It’s a beautiful tune!

Nancy Bitter
    Participant

thanks!!!

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

You do realize the chords are not over the right words. But the cords are in the right lines . The form would not leave the cords in their rightful place

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Steve, I was able to kind of line it up by putting a period at the beginning of each chord line. Thanks again!

Nancy Bitter
    Participant

still searching for melody notes….

fiddlinhiker
    Participant
    fiddlewood
    fiddlewood
    Participant

well…I got all excited there for a minute…Dancing with the Angels by NGR is one of my favorite songs.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Mine too, Dave!

Thanks, fiddlinhiker, for the link.

ruckydoo
    ruckydoo
    Participant

Haven’t heard Waltz of the Angels in decades and it’s bringing some wonderful thoughts to mind hearing it by Bruce Osborne on viola.   Will be trying that one on for size REAL SOON!  I tuned my viola to fiddle sounds and enjoy it quite a lot.    Wasn’t that suggestion from you, Nancy?

Nancy Parker
    Nancy Parker
    Participant

yes!  It was I 😊 . . . (thanks to Elliott’s information.)  I am happy to hear that you are enjoying your viola.  👍

ruckydoo
    ruckydoo
    Participant

Nancy Parker ,   Loving the viola  and try to scrape out a tune on it quite frequently and some even sound fairly decent…occasionally.  Viola is doing her job but the fidder is another story.   Having fun anyhow!  Added dozens of songs to my practice list and some seem well fitted to viola’s deep sounds. Thanks again for the tip that led me to buy it.   As per your tip, (and I dips me lid to Elliot) I strung it like my fiddle and it didn’t require too much retraining either.

Nancy Bitter
    Participant

Thank you for the melody notes !!!!!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in