Don't be Angry

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Steve Srader Steve Srader 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

I am thinking that the song Don’t Be Angry by stonewall Jackson Would Be as pretty as Faded love on the violin if the violin was played as the lead . I could not find the song played solo on the violin . I personally love to sing this song as much as faded love and would like some input on what you guys think about this song . I think we need some more good slow songs to learn on blue grass daddy . So let me have it give me some input , just like lives matter , your input matters !!!!!!!!

Hakan Lindholm
    Participant

I like it a lot, it is one of my old favorites. Would be nice to be able to play it.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

I never heard it before, but I think it would sound really nice on the fiddle.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Don’t be angry song , has been around with the people Where I grew up every since I can remember. We had a country dance that was every Saturday night and they always played that song at least once . No drinking allowed they sold soda pop and hamburgers The place doubled as a roller skate rank on Sundays it was like a long chicken house with a hardwood floor maybe 30 feet wide and 80 feet long . It burned down in the 70s and it never got replaced it had no tables just continues  benches down the outside walls all the way around the rest of the floor space was for dancing or skating . This song is in my song rotation its a good love song where the Boy gets to keep the girl .

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Sounds like a nice song.  Nice memories of growing up to go with the song.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

A lot of people that don’t like country music say if you play country music backwards You get your dog back ,your car back, your house back and your love back . So a lot of the songs I perform are like this one and there are a lot of good positive Country songs that don’t reflect bad things . I do preform Country songs that are negative but only about 1/4 of the songs I do are sad , The rest are upbeat in what they stand for that’s just my own personal preference . I do it that way to keep the negative people in check , but you can’t make everyone happy no matter how hard I try .

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Yeah, I know what you mean.  I try to keep my music happy, but I do love the old lonesome sounding old fiddle tunes and ballads…some of the popular ballads I heard a lot are downright gruesome…either I dont sing them or just don’t play them, or sometimes I just do, because the music is too beautiful to pass up.  I don’t wanna be a downer with my music, if possible, because I think people need something uplifting…although I do just love some of the sadder tunes…lol.  Gives me some conflicts, sometimes.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

He had a great voice. I love the bent piano on this recording. Steve, this would be a great one to practice on if you are getting into tabbing melodies. And you’re right, we need more slow tunes here!

fiddlewood
    fiddlewood
    Participant

I thought is would be perfect to learn to tab out as yourself a well.

I see you can sing it and play guitar to it…If you can sing the melody you can play it on the fiddle with a little experimentation. In my opinion, you don’t even need tab to learn to play it as you know the melody well already. but you could tab it just for fun and the education of doing it.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

A little different version , Cant find anyone that does a violin solo of this beautiful song .

https://youtu.be/fs3oWG7vkyw

fiddlewood
    fiddlewood
    Participant

The timing of those vocals would be far harder to put ot tab or music…lots of syncopation.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

It would be hard to exactly match those vocals! It is best to find a straight melody, then just get loose with the timing like the singer is doing here.

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

It will be great whatever you do John !

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in