Dooley

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by nagumaq nagumaq 4 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    John (BGD)
    Keymaster

“Dooley.” by the Dillards has always been a favorite of mine. I’m a big Andy Griffith fan! Hope you enjoy :)

https://bluegrassdaddy.com/dooley-fiddle-lesson/]

Patrick Dooley
    Participant

John-
    Tomorrow is my birthday and I can’t think of a nicer gift- will get right to work on this. I had to laugh because my Grandmother used to make her own beer and apricot brandy.

All the best and God Bless you and your family.

John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Happy Birthday Patrick! Maybe old Dooley is a relative of yours! :)

Angela
    Participant

I was in the mood for something different and a little easier, and so I thought to myself…”Dooley”….

I listened to that first break and looked at the words and figured it was pretty easy…didn’t take me long to get it down.  I decided to play along with John.  Started up the first video and played right along…until we came to the second break.  Great!  Sounds awesome…not so easy.  I stop the video, determined to learn this variation.  I pretty well figured it out and can play it at the 100 speed.  Patted myself on the back.  Went back to the first video to play along with John.  Now, I had the first break….almost had the second break…AND WE COME TO THE 3rd BREAK…for crying out loud!!!  Back to square one!!  This one will take some time.  It’s awesome, and I love the way you throw these in there.  Is it to show you’re still the master?  To challenge us?  To tease us?  Whatever it is, here I go…it will be awhile before I have that 3rd one.  :^D

John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Haha Angela! It is fun to throw some variation into the extra breaks just to show some possibilities, even if it isn’t in the lesson. I need to go back and tab those out!

Angela
    Participant

They are awesome!  And it is really helping my ear, too.

Kaeleigh
    Participant

I’ve been working on this song for a couple months… I play a very simplified version of the first break and now I’m trying to make it sound more exciting (more like the one here :) ) because it’s one of my grandfather’s favorites. But I think it will be a VERY LONG TIME before I’ll sound that good!

Angela
    Participant

Kaeleigh, I really like the tune, also.  I always loved the Darlings on Andy Griffith.  :)

I love the 3 variations John throws in.  They show how much you can do and still have the tune structure.

nagumaq
    nagumaq
    Participant

Awesome classic ! Think I remember this one from my childhood days. Always fun to listen to, great lesson John, thanks, cant wait
    Gu

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.