Double Bass

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  John Cockman 1 week ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    rodger
    rodger
    Participant

Cricket’s not the only one who like’s cross tuning.  This bass is tuned in CGDA, which is a bass  version of cross tuning I guess…Makes you glad you play the fiddle, as I’d hate to buy strings for this & have to pack it around.  At first it sounds great but I’m afraid after a few hours of practice you’d be vibrating like Bug Bunny when a piano landed on his head.

https://www.thestrad.com/artists/joel-quarrington-plays-bachs-sixth-cello-suite-on-double-bass/8499.article?utm_source=adestra&utm_medium=email&utm_term=&utm_campaign=20220

fiddlewood
    fiddlewood
    Participant

I got blocked by  a popup…

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

That was amazing ! Thanks Rodger

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

well, it worked for Steve.  Not sure about that site if it’s restricted somehow Dave…

fiddlewood
    fiddlewood
    Participant

I have protection from tracking sights installed. By agreeing to accepting their cookies you agree to be tracked…

rodger
    rodger
    Participant

It’s frustrating the way the internet is going.  This is all about targeting advertising.  I don’t know enough about it to say.  I guess we’re going to get ad’s anyway.  I’m not sure if it matters where I am or not, or what ad’s I get.  I just don’t know enough to say…

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Well I got the thing you have to click on too, and don’t usually click on that kinda stuff.  Still, I can see why they cross tuned the bass to CGDA…if it’s a cello piece…that’s standard cello tuning.  i would rather carry around a cello than a bass, though…lol.

Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

So it becomes a very big cello. And even more expensive. Sounds good though

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

When people treat a bass like more than just boom, boom, etc., they can get some awesome sounds.

Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

Yep! Check out Sierra Hull playing “E-tune” at reverb, and watch/listen to the bass

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Is it on youtube?  There was a guy who played and sang in an outdoor concert along the river…didn’t catch his name becau

se I happened to catch it on local tv…only part of it…anyway, it was just himself and his bass…playing and singing all kinds of tunes and songs for about an hour or so…it was really cool-sounding.  Pupy and chihuahuas jumping and biting…cannot tye,sorry.

Gunnar Salyer
    Gunnar Salyer
    Participant

It should be on YouTube on the reverb . com channel. If you can’t find it, I can link to it from Facebook (of which btw I am not a user, but still can see videos on public accounts)

John Cockman
    Keymaster

WOW Rodger, he is incredible. Thanks for introducing me to Joe Quarrington!

Here is E-Tune

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in