Entering a Fiddle Contest

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Entering a Fiddle Contest

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    goettjpgoettjp
    Participant

We’re headed to Arizona next week for a couple months of horse camping and I found an Old Time Fiddle Contest scheduled nearby for February 13th.   I think I’m gonna enter it.

I did my only other contest almost 40 years ago, back when I only knew “Boil Em Cabbage” and “Faded Love.”  I got second place.  There were only two of us in the contest.  The winner was a 9-year-old boy.  He smoked “Jerusalem Ridge” that day!

Time limit for my Division is 4 minutes.  Yikes!   And it’s “old time” so no “fancy” stuff.   I’ve stripped down some versions of “Lonesome Fiddle Blues,” “Lonesome Midnight Waltz” and “Beaumont Rag” and I’m at about 4 minutes 30 seconds…..

• This topic was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by goettjpgoettjp.
    FrederickFrederick
    Participant

It sounds as though you’re heading for a wonderful time. Your selection of tunes is great. Have fun. Good luck. 🙂

cricketcricket
    Participant

Wow…hope you have a good time.  Best wishes for tons of fun and doing well in the fiddle contest…let us know!

Gunnar SalyerGunnar Salyer
    Participant

Ooh fun!

KaeleighKaeleigh
    Participant

Oh lucky you! There’s no fiddle contests where I am. Good luck! Sounds like a blast!

fiddlewoodfiddlewood
    Participant

Good luck & have fun!

MariaRMariaR
    Participant

“”””” (What everyone just said)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.