Fiddle adventures on my calendar. . .

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Fiddle adventures on my calendar. . .

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  John Cockman 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    fran h
    fran h
    Participant
    fran h
    fran h
    Participant

Hubby and I are headed to this jam November 8th.  Dewey told me about it and that he was planning on going the 8th and maybe we could make it.  So I made some work adjustments and off we go. We were headed to another jam anyway on November 9th, so it will just be another jam weekend. North Carolina Mountains are the place to go for fiddlers, right John?  Zuma is near your neck of the mountains. Just a heads up for a hopefully awesome jam on the 8th if you are free.

fran h
    fran h
    Participant

This is our destination November 9th

Montgomery Store Bluegrass Jam

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Wow…looks like some fun stuff ahead!  Glad your hubby knows how to work the camera now…lol…maybe you can share some of all that adventure with us here.  Enjoy it, Fran!

fiddlewood
    fiddlewood
    Participant

wow, keeping some high company! Have a great time!

fiddliferous1950
    fiddliferous1950
    Participant

Fran, I used to play there at Zuma’s a lot when I first moved to Tennessee. I’d drive down there (Marshall, NC) nearly every Thursday evening and play with Bobby and the gang. Sometime’s I’d play banjo and sing Bluegrass and sometimes fiddle. I’ve had Bobby and Roger set up my fiddles before. They do a super job. The last time I picked and visited with him was at the “Shindig on the Green” in Asheville a few times this summer.

I was his upright bass player when he was a guest at the New York State Old Time Fiddler’s Museum in Oseola, NY a few years back. I performed fifteen times with him counting our practices before our performances. It was a lot of fun!

I know you’re really going to enjoy your time with him. Have fun!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Wow…Fran and Fred rubbing elbows with the best…gosh you guys…that’s so cool.

fran h
    fran h
    Participant

Sounds great Fred. I am real excited about going. It’s about maybe a 5 hour drive for us and if hubby messes up the camera he can walk home. haha   Its really a lot of fun to take a weekend and go somewhere and just chill and have fun.  We did a weekend jam this past summer and I have got to get some videos up here.  It was a fun time as well.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Fran, give your hubby a quick camera refresher course before you all take off…lol.  or else a new pair of Nikes!

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Fran, that looks like a great jam! We are about two hours from Marshall or I might just pop in. 🙂  I hope you  have a great time!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in