Fiddle Camp 2020!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Since we could not hold Fiddle Camp in the Blowing Rock park this summer, we decided to hold smaller, rotating fiddle jams at various homes. It may not look like we are social distancing but that is in part because these photos include some large families that have been homesteading, working and playing together in isolation since before COVID.

Cajun Fiddle at Fiddle Camp 2020

Look out below! It’s Ashokan Farewell at Fiddle Camp 2020

Jamming, food, a campfire, great friends, and a 200 foot zipline — who could ask for more?

School is important, but music is importanter! Lorien holds Cockman Family’s newest fiddler.

It’s a fence-raising! Fiddle Campers worked an eight-hour day putting up a 900-ft locust fence to house milk goats. Now it’s time for some music!

Little fiddlers hopefully holding candy bags as they line up for a piñata. What a fun day!

Morgen senses there is a bag of candy in her future…

cricketcricket
    Participant

That looks like fun, John.  Makes me remember all the sitting around outside by the fire with our old friends…kids and dogs playing…some of us playing guitars and banjos ( rarely any fiddles, unfortunately), the beautiful outdoors as our relaxation spots…all gone now…it’s all destroyed, really.  But anyway…I know how much fun that sort of thing is.  I don’t know how you get those kids to play so well…gosh they are really cookin’ Cajun Fiddle.  Those locust posts oughta last forever!

Great fun and great fiddling…thanks for sharing…wish I was there!!!!

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Loved it John , I am happy you shared this with us ! Thanks

KaeleighKaeleigh
    Participant

That looks like fun!!! The littlest fiddlers are so cute 🙂

Gunnar SalyerGunnar Salyer
    Participant

So cool!!

Great ScottGreat Scott

Looks like everyone had a great time, John.  Would have loved to have been there.

Looks like everyone had a great time.  Wish I could have been there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.