Fiddle Fretter!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Great Scott Great Scott 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jeffcraft1
    Participant

i found this thing called fiddle fretter. i ordered one and it works! it makes it much easier to play songs! i would highly suggest this for beginners especially if your switching from a fretted instrument. the only thing i have found as a downside is on the d stirng on the third fret if i dont watch how much pressure i use, it puts it out of tune but thats ok i may be using too much pressure anyways. im finding it making playing much easier to learn and play songs http://www.frettedfiddle.com/

Steve Srader
    Steve Srader
    Participant

Jeff , I am just using the don’t fret sticker John recommends , It works for me !

jeffcraft1
    Participant

i tried that and it just didnt work for me

Great Scott
    Great Scott

Thanks for sharing your new discovery with us Jeff.  I am glad you found something to work for you.  I tried using someone else’s fiddle with a “Don’t Fret” sticker on it and I found it just too darn confusing with all the different colors.  Obviously works for some, but like yourself, it didn’t work for me. I watched the video on the link that you provided and the “Fretted Fiddle sticker” looks like a good option without all the colors.  I have used automobile pin stripe tape, which works well but it dislodges out of position after a while; thus, you have to keep re-applying it every few months.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.