Fiddled an armload of Bluegrass classics

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Fiddled an armload of Bluegrass classics

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  John Cockman 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    fiddliferous1950
    fiddliferous1950
    Participant

I had a really fun night last evening playing Bluegrass classics with a bunch of friends of mine at a jam session here in Tennessee.

Here’s the tunes I can remember us all pickin’. (Some are probably not Bluegrass in the strictest sense, but we made ‘um sound that-a-way):

Big Mon, Bill Cheatum, Monroe’s Hornpipe, Dry and Dusty, Brown County Breakdown, Red-Haired Boy, Growling Old Man and Growling Old Woman, Pike County Breakdown, Laughing Boy, Missouri Road, Windy City Rag, Indian Killed a Woodcock, Dance With Me Kenny, Shiloh March, Dixie Hoedown, Whiskey Before Breakfast, Hamilton County Breakdown, Carolina Mountain Rag, Smokey Mountain Rag, Billy in the Low Ground, Blue Mountain Waltz, Yellow Rose of Texas, Long Bow, Scotland, Panhandle Rag, Boston Boy and a whole bunch of others.

What a super night it was!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

That sounds like fun.  I miss jamming…having people to jam with. It makes a really fun time when you can connect with the crowd and just have fun playing, doesn’t it?  Even better if there is a pot of coffee nearby…lol…just my opinion.  Glad you enjoyed it, Fred.  What a great way to enjoy a Friday evening!  You’ll have to video some of those sessions one of these days!

fiddliferous1950
    fiddliferous1950
    Participant

It is a blast and guess what…..there’s a coffee pot on all the time we’re there. There’s also water and candy bars available for a small donation.

I’ll try to remember to take a short video of us all sometime.

Angela
    Participant

How fun. I fiddled around the campfire last night.  It was a perfect night. No backup though. Just me. Somebody eventually told me there was a jam down the road. Wish I’d known that about 1 hr earlier.

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Angela, if you keep up like that you’ll have to get yourself a Presonus…lol!

John Cockman
    Keymaster

Fred, that is an awesome set list. You should record more of your jams!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in