Fiddlerman and Gliga Fiddles

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums Strings and Things Fiddlerman and Gliga Fiddles

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    JBoundsJBounds
    Participant

Not long ago someone on this forum bought a fiddlerman fiddle, but can’t remember who it was. So hoping you see this and chime in on your experience.

Fiddlerman is having a good black Friday sale and thinking about getting one of his.

Also been thinking for awhile of possibly getting a Gliga fiddle.  My next door neighbor’s Uncle who lives in Tennessee and visits once in a while plays one and it sounds so good.  And a fiddle made in Romania intrigues me.

Anyway, I can’t decide which one I want to buy from. Fiddlerman or Gliga

Like they always say, you can’t ever have too many fiddle…or maybe I just say that.

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by JBoundsJBounds.
    fiddlewoodfiddlewood
    Participant

I have a Gliga I love.

Mr. Gliga is romanian, but I believe he is in Texas…somewhere in the US anyway.

JBoundsJBounds
    Participant

Which Gliga do you have?

cricketcricket
    Participant

Is this fiddle gonna be from Santa or are you just treating yourself?  I have no idea about either one, but good luck deciding and congrats on planning for a new fiddle.  Show us when you get one or the other!

fiddlewoodfiddlewood
    Participant

According to This site

I have a “Gama super”, aka “Gama 1”, aka, “Professional”

Looks like it’s the first step down from a “Master” model

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by fiddlewoodfiddlewood.
    JBoundsJBounds
    Participant

Ok. Thanks

Participant

I have 2 Gligas. Both play great. Even though I rarely play them now.

JBoundsJBounds
    Participant

Why did you quit playing them?

JBoundsJBounds
    Participant

Well sometimes life takes you in a different direction and I just got a good deal on an Andreas Eastman 305.  I have played on one before and I like them alot.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by JBoundsJBounds.
    Participant

I am now playing a Roth violin. It, to me at least seems like it sounds better. The gligas I have are 2002 models and that was before Gliga started giving them model names. The first one I got is really a beautiful instrument I have about $400 tied up in it and the other came from a pawn shop for $200.

goettjpgoettjp
    Participant

My favorite (and first) fiddle came from a pawn shop for $200 as well.   Turned out to be a Czech or German factory model, no label, but plays and sounds great.

Participant

I’m late to the topic, but I’ve purchased 2 fiddlerman fiddles. Soloist was the most current fiddle. It sounds pretty good to me.

One thing I’m learning on this journey, is that there are a variety of components that determine how your instrument will sound:

1. Quality of the actual instrument

2. Brand/type of strings used

3. Type of bow can make a difference

4, Then of course, the skill of the musician.

I take my Fiddler soloists to lesson and it sounds okay with my bow. My instructor played my instrument with her bow (and let me play with her bow afterwards) and there was a WORLD of difference in the sound! I thought at first it just sounded better when she played because she was the better violinist. But using her bow made me sound better as well! Who knew a different stick could make so much difference??

JBoundsJBounds
    Participant

What bow does your instructor use?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.