Fiddlerman and Gliga Fiddles

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums Strings and Things Fiddlerman and Gliga Fiddles

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    JBoundsJBounds
    Participant

Not long ago someone on this forum bought a fiddlerman fiddle, but can’t remember who it was. So hoping you see this and chime in on your experience.

Fiddlerman is having a good black Friday sale and thinking about getting one of his.

Also been thinking for awhile of possibly getting a Gliga fiddle.  My next door neighbor’s Uncle who lives in Tennessee and visits once in a while plays one and it sounds so good.  And a fiddle made in Romania intrigues me.

Anyway, I can’t decide which one I want to buy from. Fiddlerman or Gliga

Like they always say, you can’t ever have too many fiddle…or maybe I just say that.

• This topic was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by JBoundsJBounds.
    fiddlewoodfiddlewood
    Participant

I have a Gliga I love.

Mr. Gliga is romanian, but I believe he is in Texas…somewhere in the US anyway.

JBoundsJBounds
    Participant

Which Gliga do you have?

cricketcricket
    Participant

Is this fiddle gonna be from Santa or are you just treating yourself?  I have no idea about either one, but good luck deciding and congrats on planning for a new fiddle.  Show us when you get one or the other!

fiddlewoodfiddlewood
    Participant

According to This site

I have a “Gama super”, aka “Gama 1”, aka, “Professional”

Looks like it’s the first step down from a “Master” model

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by fiddlewoodfiddlewood.
    JBoundsJBounds
    Participant

Ok. Thanks

Participant

I have 2 Gligas. Both play great. Even though I rarely play them now.

JBoundsJBounds
    Participant

Why did you quit playing them?

JBoundsJBounds
    Participant

Well sometimes life takes you in a different direction and I just got a good deal on an Andreas Eastman 305.  I have played on one before and I like them alot.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by JBoundsJBounds.
    Participant

I am now playing a Roth violin. It, to me at least seems like it sounds better. The gligas I have are 2002 models and that was before Gliga started giving them model names. The first one I got is really a beautiful instrument I have about $400 tied up in it and the other came from a pawn shop for $200.

goettjpgoettjp
    Participant

My favorite (and first) fiddle came from a pawn shop for $200 as well.   Turned out to be a Czech or German factory model, no label, but plays and sounds great.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.