Fisher's Hornpipe

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums The Lion’s Den Fisher's Hornpipe

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  John Cockman 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Angela
    Participant

here’s the progress. A few stumbles but getting close.

John Cockman
    Keymaster

That is really close! Once you know exactly which way the bowing will go, it will get much easier. I love your triples! Very good job. You are sounding great!

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Sounds very good, Angela!  Glad to hear you playing it! Would you say bowing is the hardest part about that tune?  Looks to me like you have a pretty precise bowing pattern, for lack of better word, going throughout…anyway, it sounds good and I’m thinking a person would have to get the bowing under control to be able to handle those types of hornpipes…great tune.  Were you on your porch?  I gotta tackle that tune one day…I used to fiddle around with it, but, we’ll never did much with it.

Rock
    Rock
    Participant

Another great song, you played it great too!!

Angela
    Participant

Thanks everybody.  Yes, the bowing is tricky, especially that one part where I’m trying to slur some stuff together.  I’m not sure I’m playing the best bowing.

I’ve heard so many different variations and not sure which one I like the best.

Cricket, I’m sitting on the back porch/patio at sundown for inspiration.  :^)

cricket
    cricket
    Participant

Porches make great playing areas…yeah, I’m gonna have to get F Hornpipe back on my to-do list!

fiddlewood
    fiddlewood
    Participant

Angela, this one is coming along nicely! You nailed that fast run-down right on the money!

nagumaq
    nagumaq
    Participant

That was awesome ! I am  as inspired as can be again and again every time you learn and play for us in the Lions den , your sparkle lights my désir to learn more ! So smooth Angela , holy great song and great fiddle playing ! And. Might add mr or ms fiddle sounds so warm and happy !

merci , thanks again !

Angela
    Participant

Thanks again everybody.  I like this tune…trying to add some more speed and pep to it.

This is Ms. Goodwill fiddle!  “Louise”  She just keeps sounding better and better.  I get a lot of compliments on her and have to tell them where I got her and about Gu who talked me through patching her up!

John Cockman
    Keymaster

The fiddle sounds great!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Posted in