Fitness Central — Boot Camp

Best Online Fiddle Lessons Forums What else is on your mind? Fitness Central — Boot Camp

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 601 total)
  • Author
    Great ScottGreat Scott

Howdy folks!   🙂   Welcome to Fitness Central and Boot Camp!

This is the place where you can post all your stuff about your weight loss as well as other lifestyle changing comments.  The aim of this thread is to provide a place for those members who are serious about wanting to make some healthy changes to their lives and who are brave enough in making a commitment to both themselves and their loved one’s in becoming a healthier and happier fiddler.  Coming to this thread and participating in the discussions here is the first step on your journey towards a healthier you.

Here are a few of the things you can do here:

– Register your stats.
    – Update your weekly fitness report (weight loss and exercise report)
    – Share your progress.
    – Receive encouragement in helping you achieve your desired weight.
    – Ask questions regarding exercise and healthy eating.
    – Discuss your weight loss / fitness journey.
    – Share your experience — your trials and tribulations.
    – Talk fitness.
    – Swap healthy recipes.
    – Get tips for maintaining a healthier eating regime.
    and lots more!

So, jump on board and get underway to becoming trim, taught and fiddling TERRIFIC!!!

Addendum:  See below.

AGREEMENT:  Please read the following carefully.

By participating in Boot Camp, you agree to the following:

1) To make a GENUINE commitment in adopting and partaking in healthy lifestyle changes.

2) Strive to eat ONLY healthy food for ALL your daily food intake.

3) To gradually cut down on and then eliminate your dependencies on nicotine, alcohol, caffeine and any other substance or food(s) you are addicted to.

4) To adopt a safe DAILY exercise regime.

5) NOT to make excuses or inventive reasons to not exercise or eat healthy.

6) NOT to argue with the drill sergeant on issues related to food / exercise or any other matter.

7) NOT to post any counter-productive material of any kind that is in direct conflict to what the drill sergeant has posted.

8) Not to post any videos or links that relate to unhealthy food or fast food outlets / unhealthy restaurant food.

9) To support and encourage your fellow Boot Campers.

10) To speak about yourself in a POSITIVE manner.

11) To submit your weekly report (due every Friday) ON TIME with all the required fields filled in.

If you do NOT agree with the above guidelines for Boot Camp, then you may find that Boot Camp is not the place for you.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Thank you, Scott. As you know, fitness is very near and dear to me. I love talking about the days when I was athletic. I have an old saying: “Sometimes, a ship does sail on yesterdays wind.” When I think about how fit and rambunctious I used to be, it fills my heart with pride and makes me want to tell others about it. “Have a seat,” I say. It usually takes a while for to tell about my days of glory, and it makes me uncomfortable when other people are standing.

But, let’s not get caught up in the yore of yesteryear, friends. What are we doing today? Today I decided to eat only dark chocolate. No more milk chocolate in this temple, no sir. Plus it is easier for me not to give in to Mr. Pippen because I know dark chocolate is bad for his nervous system. More updates to follow.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Here is how I have changed my eating. It is 5:00 PM and I have had a tangerine, a healthy salad of broccoli, spinach, pecans, and apples, and I have been drinking water laced with a tiny amount of blue Gatorade mix. Plus half a bar of Hershey’s dark chocolate. I am visiting a friend with a new baby this evening, and I am planning a light dinner of green beans and spaghetti casserole.

Contrast that with what I would have typically consumed today, and you would see a vast improvement! Less calories; better calories. I am feeling good about my attempted lifestyle change! I actually drove through a Bojangles parking lot today and had an inner struggle which the healthy John won. Usually unhealthy John wins those struggles, so I am feeling very good right now! If I can keep this up, I believe I will see some very positive changes. 🙂

nagumaqnagumaq
    Participant

[quote=21086]Today I decided to eat only dark chocolate. No more milk chocolate[/quote]
    Yeeeeehaw , good one John !
    Walking up and down and up and down the mountain today making sugar sure did satisfy my me getting into shape me too. And not feeling guilty about the chocolate been I beer drinking at night trying to learn Candy Girl LOL.
    If we could loose weight the better we play fiddle now then John you would get the fittest the fastest :O)
    You look and sound great in the Candy girl video performance .
    I was curious about Great Scott and what he looked like ! Ha ha, just kidding, true though. Hope you are practicing Ashokan Scott :O)

:O)
    Gu

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Great Scott made a video last year, from the shoulders down. He looked pretty fit for an 80 year old. If that really was Scott and not an impostor or hoax.

Great ScottGreat Scott

[quote=21123]If that really was Scott and not an impostor or hoax.[/quote]

Alas, John.  You caught me in a lie.  I was fairly new here at the time I made those videos and so I wasn’t sure if I would be fully accepted because I was  one or two pounds over my usual healthy weight.  I got a slim friend to stand in for that video, and while he “lip-synced” the playing of the tune(s), I was at the other end of the room playing, and so it was me who your heard, not him.

But just think John, you are not far off from looking like me!  Or should I say: I am not far off from looking like you!    🙂

Way to go!!! …. Fatty!!

Great ScottGreat Scott

[quote=21106]I was curious about Great Scott and what he looked like ![/quote]

Here I am at Mod Central happily doing my thing…

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Scott, thanks for covering your face. Hideous!

OK progress report: Someone asked me today if I had lost some weight. Success!

RockRock
    Participant

Scotty, I have taken off a couple more lbs. I know I can vary that much each day.
    I eat nothing between meals at all! I knew you would be thrilled at my progress.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Rock, slow down, buddy. Eat some milky ways. You can’t be all looking like a marine while I’m still smelling like a heavyweight. I thought we were doing this together!

RockRock
    Participant

Well I’m around 12lbs. lighter so far, You need to get on the ball. I hope to get back to about 165. 🙂

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Rock, I couldn’t imagine you at 165. That would be way too skinny!

RockRock
    Participant

John, my wife cooked a big dinner yesterday and I ate and ate, or should I say gorged!
    The fat goes on way faster than it comes off!

Where is Scott when I need him!!

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

I’m still hanging steady at 215. Ten pounds is not enough! I have 25 to go to meet my target weight. As soon as I get over this cold I promise to hit the trails and drop some of this off.

RockRock
    Participant

Scott, I had a big supper yesterday. My wife cooked a very good meal and I ate to much. I have even stopped the cheese puffs at dads. Today will be different, I am even going to get some exercise!

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Rock, this is going too far. Exercise? That does it. I am going to exercise tomorrow. I am not going to have you outdoing me.

RockRock
    Participant

John, I got a real workout today. I drank a lot of water but I know that will leave me. I know I worked off yesterday’s dinner and more.

cricketcricket
    Participant

We work pretty hard but don’t work out…too doggone tired from all the work.  I’ve lost it with my dieting efforts too…got too stressed out with everything, so I’m back at square one again! Getting nowhere!  Have to try harder, I guess!

RockRock
    Participant

Hi Cricket, Funny the way you put that. Thats what I did yesterday was worked out,
    worked in the yard and helped the people next door seed their yard. Did a lot of sweating helping my dad work around his place. They say that kind of work doesn’t work for exercise. Tell my old body that, I can’t hardly move. My wife bought me a new recliner yesterday. We had to call in help to get it in the house after all that work.

RockRock
    Participant

Great Scott, I worked out yesterday all day and didn’t eat hardly anything. Jumped out of bed this morning jumped on the scales and and and crap, I didn’t lose any weight! My question to you, our guru of good health on BGD what happened?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 601 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.