Five String Fiddle

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    rodgerrodger
    Participant

I’m fascinated with the idea of a 5-String, and scared to death of jumping in and getting involved.  I have so many irons in the fire now I’m just going around in circles getting nothing done and finishing nothing either.  I resisted the temptation to get one of those silent electronic fiddles you play with headphones.  I want a viola real bad, but still digging in my heels on that.  I don’t have the money to do any of this, but life’s too short to worry about that (right?)….Can anyone please discourage me from this temptation?

Oh, John..still waiting for you to demonstrate your 5-string in a lesson…

rodgerrodger
    Participant

OH…NO….now this….!!!   (Carbon Fiber)

Is there really a Santa??  Does anyone have his address??

cricketcricket
    Participant

Oh no…I feel your pain, Rodger, but I think it’s also contagious!  I want that carbon five string fiddle, and I also wanna play it like he does!!!! My old guitar friends used to call it GAS…Guitar Acquisition Syndrome…well, I guess there’s fiddle gas to watch out for too…I did get my cheap Chinese viola, so…that alleviated some of it for me…and like I said…I feel your pain…and I’m catching it too…lol!  More to go on the Wish List!!!!

rodgerrodger
    Participant

Oh my, maybe we should all get vaccinated so this doesn’t spread any farther..

cricketcricket
    Participant

Too late for us…maybe still hope for some others…but I doubt it!

rodgerrodger
    Participant

DEAR SANTA:  I’m not sure if you have time to visit the forum with you being so busy & all…but I hope you need some Christmas music or maybe just checking to see if we’ve all been good.  Anyway I haven’t written you for a long time cause I been busy too…and then, well, a lot people been saying things, like you can’t really slide down all those chimneys in just one night, and then there’s the flying reindeer thing & all..but, you see, I never really doubted or nothing…just didn’t want to make things any harder for you.  Say, this year I have an idea…well, I mean….Oh never mind…it’s OK…

P.S. If you check out Mr. Clevelands video up above you’ll see he’s looking real good & been really working hard & all.  Maybe you could drop something special off for him & his buddy there…

cricketcricket
    Participant

A little revision here and there and he might just bring you your carbon 5 string fiddle…but…possibly yes, probably no…lol.  This reminds me of what I thought was a funny conversation. A couple of weeks ago Mike and I were visiting my dad…having coffee and the talk frequently goes toward religion…my dad and every other man ever in the family on either side having been preachers at one time or the other, you know. And, I can’t remember exactly how it cane about, but my dad, in all seriousness, made the statement in the course of the conversation that, “Jews don’t believe in Santa Claus…” lol…well I about couldn’t keep the gulp of coffee in my mouth, laughing…I’m like…”oh?  that’s not part of their religion then?”  He never did see the humor or what was striking me as funny, which just made me have a harder time getting it back together again…” Dad, do Baptists believe in Santa Claus?”  He thought I was being ridiculous asking such a question…lol…ok…something was being miscommunicated that day…but I still have to laugh when I think of that…seems it could go down as a classic quote…Jews don’t believe in Santa Claus…struck me as funny…lol.  I guess in all seriousness, he meant Jews don’t play Santa, write letters, leave milk and cookies, etc.  But at the moment it just hit me as so funny I couldn’t contain myself.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by cricketcricket.
    rodgerrodger
    Participant

Well, we’ve all probably had our doubts at one time or another…I guess that’s normal, but I sure don’t want to live in a world when people stop believing.  Sure, maybe he’s finally lost some weight, & I’m sure he’s had to make some changes, but I’m sure he’s still doing just fine.

cricketcricket
    Participant

I took a walk in the snow earlier…turned onto a street with lots of Christmas decorations and came across a deflated Rudolf…I guess he couldn’t join in any reindeer games…not that way…not till that boy got his self some air!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by cricketcricket.
    rodgerrodger
    Participant

Someone got a pellet gun for Christmas…

cricketcricket
    Participant

Lol…maybe.

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/A-Revolutionary-5-Strings-Violin-Warm-Tone-Concerto-Level-Antique-oil-varnishing/1052700_32239176746.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.621fdcdbCuaO3s

Here is a china violin site called Old violin house 5 string for $308.00 includes shipping .

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Steve SraderSteve Srader.
    rodgerrodger
    Participant

Oh, I just wanted to clear up one thing Cricket…did you mean to say if you or I got one of those fancy black fiddles, that it just might not sound quite like Michael’s video there, with us playing??  I can’t imagine why not?  ..but I’ll take your word for it.

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

I got the fever for anything violin if I buy one and it don’t work out maybe I can donate it to John for his violin camps

rodgerrodger
    Participant

Edit:  The post link Steve posted is different from the link I navigated too:

Steve, in the same website they have a 5-string that’s the same violin as the $1000.00 Fidderman 5 string.  The pictures are the exact same pictures.  Same fittings, strings, & everything.  The flamed back has it personal, signature flames, and no two are exactly the same, so those have to be the same pictures.  It is great wood…how can they sell those so cheap??  Says free shipping to Canada…do you know anything about this company??

Here is the link I’m talking about:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Maestro-Stradi-4-4-Violin-violino-Powerful-tone-Antique-Varnish-Old-Spruce-One-Pc-Back/1998287558.html?spm=2114.search0104.0.0.kt2a65

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by rodgerrodger.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by rodgerrodger.
    cricketcricket
    Participant

Uh-oh…I’m thinking Steve might be the real Santa Claus!  And, well, Rodger, if my playing ever even came close to MCleveland’s when he was just a little a child, I’d probably be able to convince Mike to mortgage the house for a five string carbon fiddle…lol.  I guess given my abilities at this point, I oughta be happy there’s cheap Chinese fiddles?

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Rodger I know nothing about this company I was just shopping on the internet . I am thinking of maybe trying out one of the 4 string violins and if it don’t work out I will donate it to Johns kids camp next year or worst case lesson learned they wont get a second chance .

rodgerrodger
    Participant

EDIT:   Steve, on that same web site they have a 5-string which the pictures are the exact same pictures used for the Fiddlerman 5-string.  The picture of the bridge is exact same angle, same bridge, all the fittings, chin rest etc. etc.  I wonder if they are sending different ones to Fiddlerman, or…??  Say’s they have a thousand of them available…just wonder if they sell different qualities of instruments using the same pictures to represent them??

If they sound good enough for Fiddlerman to sell them for a thousand dollars…how can they sell them for $250?  You’ll find other fiddle’s on that site that Fiddlerman is selling also.  Just seems ‘too’ good…

Steve SraderSteve Srader
    Participant

Maybe We should check the reviews and feed back on this site

rodgerrodger
    Participant

I googled the site for reviews & there’s hundreds of people calling them crooks!  Sounds like a real gamble.  You’d have to be prepared to lose the entire amount, but maybe there’s a chance it’s real.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.