Frankie and Johnny

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    kevinjkevinj
    Participant

John, I listened to you playing Frankie once again (for the hundredth time), and — wow, your playing never stops amazing me. I really, really must learn to play this piece when I get done my current projects.

Of course, as I start working on this kind of playing, you can look forward to me bugging you with lots of questions on what’s actually going on under the hood and in your brain as you play this way…

What wonderful playing. It just amazes me.

John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Thanks Kevin, that means a lot. Man, I feel bad, I have a string of lessons virtually ready to go on improvisation; I am just so far behind. I am getting my feet under me, though, and planning to really get some stuff done at BGDU this semester.

John TaitJohn Tait
    Participant

Thanks John.  Your improvisation on this tune is what attracted me to the site.  You sound fabulous on the video..!!

I’ve just printed out the notation and followed your playing and you’ve done a superb job.  This is how to teach tunes.  Well done..!!  ;-))

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by John TaitJohn Tait.
    John (BGD)John (BGD)
    Keymaster

Thanks John. I would like to do more like this — perform an improvisation then teach it while explaining my thought process.

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.