Gettysburg the movie

Online Fiddle Lessons Forums General Help Forum Gettysburg the movie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Does anyone know the name of the song being played by the fiddlers in the background from the movie Gettysburg.  https://youtu.be/Q-Fj478kozs  This is when Chamberlins brother is talking to rebel prisoners.

Thanks, Terry

ruckydooruckydoo
    Participant

Hi Terry,

I think that Gettysburg was the movie in which I first heard Ashoken Farewell and I enjoyed it so much that I bought a fiddle then found BGD and attempted to learn it… only to find out that it had been written in 1984 . Not too sure about your tune but I think that it was Ashoken Farewell that I first heard in this movie and was thinking that my great-great grampa would have heard that song so I wanted to play it to remember his service.    Love Civil War soongs and add them to my practice frequently.

Visited Chamberlin’s home last year with my grandkids while giving them a cheap history lesson but I got the most out of it as Chamberlin has been a hero to me for decades.

Happy fiddlin’   Ralph

cricketcricket
    Participant

I’m hearing My Old Kentucky Home behind the soldiers talking.

Participant

Thank you Cricket. Just sounds so pretty, and should be easy to learn. Ralph I agree Ashoken Farwell sounds like it would have been played during the war. I believe it was played in the Ken Burns civil war documentory.

cricketcricket
    Participant

I thought I also heard at one point that it went into Home Sweet Home for a few bars and then back to My Old Ky Home…yeah it shouldn’t be too hard to learn.

ruckydooruckydoo
    Participant

Yes,  Terry,

You are correct and I knew better too…but forgot!      Jay Unger composed it and he’s still with us. I think.   Sorry about that.     Ralph

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.